Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#43618 02/27/04 05:06 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
me123 --

West Ashley played without their all state sweeper, Danielle Jordan, who was finishing the basket ball season. In the semifinal game with Spartanburg Julie Bolt (WA high scorer last two years) was held out due to an ankle sprain. Another missing person in the WA equation is Demetria Gibbs who has moved to Columbia and is playing for Spring Valley. In general I thought much of last weekend's play looked ragged for almost all teams present. That's to be expected this early in the season. WA will have to find more spark offensively if they want to make a run at state again this year.

lpaf

#43619 02/26/04 07:05 PM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
R1C --

"Look for Spartanburg to make a top 5 finish with Dutch Fork again to astonish all viewers."

I did a double take when I saw your posting date on the above post. August 25, 2003. And the two upstate teams to watch? Spartanburg and Dutch Fork -- just like the Viking Cup results came to show. Great prediction, coach.

lpaf

ps: Any hot stock predictions or a line on the the World Series?

#43620 02/27/04 03:55 PM
World Cup
World Cup
I had the insiders information on the Spartanburg predictions so go ahead and call me Martha Stewart. A little bit of research and a whole lot of luck made DF come true. Lets check out this thread again in three months and see how well I read palms then. Stock tips??? I hear that Boeing is looking fantastic lately thanks in part to our armed forces followed by Westinghouse and there 1300 employers soon to be at your local temp office. I also see a reduced tuition rate to someone close to you in the up and coming future...

#43621 02/28/04 05:39 AM
L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
R!C --

Call it inside research and luck if you want but to put those two teams in the same sentence last August seems more like Nostradamus than Martha Stewart to me. I hope your tuition prediction holds true, in less than two years I'll have 4 children in college at the same time and every little bit helps.

lpaf

#43622 02/27/04 08:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Dutch Fork has always been very good. They just do not quite make it to the top every year, not sure why. In fact I think last year and the year before they had alot of talented players and could have gone further then they did.

#43623 02/28/04 12:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lpac

Continuing with D1C's predictions: In the next sentence, he mentions Greenwood as being likely to move into the top 15. I think he will be proven correct with this prediction as well. We will know soon, as the first four matches are with Emerald, Aiken, Dorman, and Spartanburg--all currently ranked in their respective divisions.

Coach McClendon is doing an excellent job with the girls. They are solid in the front and the back, and the midfield will be more than adequate. Barring key injuries, they will continue to improve throughout the season.

So can I get on the stock tip list, too?

#43624 02/28/04 03:44 PM
World Cup
World Cup
It's going to be fun to watch Greenwood this year for one reason...Laura Armstrong. A coaching change persuaded her to return to high school ball this year. She's a bit like Claire Joyce from Aiken's squad last year. Big, tough, and exxxxxxxtremely difficult to defend against. Pardon my excessive letters to add emphasis. They played Wren the other day and it was a 1-0 loss. I think that can be interpreted two ways--Wren's strength this year, and Greenwood still shaking the rust off. Today's stock tip: Hardees. I strolled in the other day out of curiosity. I was expecting these thin little burgers like everywhere else. What I found was these huge burgers. And get this...they were made out of Angus Beef, the best you can buy. Just like that, the last place I'd go to for a burger is now the first.

#43625 02/29/04 04:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Wren game was great for the team in that it put things into perspective and showed them some things they need to correct before the season starts. They were also missing 4 key players that were still in basketball, dance, and cheerleading and could not play. The previous 10-0 romp over Laurens the week before really did not help them much. After they got three of the players back, they beat Boiling Springs 3-0 so they now should be ready to prove themselves in real games.

Another player to watch is Cristin May who also did not play last year. She is one of the best sweepers around, and, along with Maria Psomas and a capable supporting cast, will make it difficult for opposing teams to get off shots.

#43626 03/01/04 12:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm (obviously) from Wren and I played against Greenwood a couple weeks ago.

They're midfield was unbelievably weak and there was next to NO transition play that this section of the field was ever able to handle. Greenwood just played boom ball a lot of the night through though.

I wish I could play Greenwood again against this *army* of girls coming from other sports because they must have made the difference in the Boiling Springs game.

We pretty much shut Laura Armstrong down as in she couldn't possess the ball long enough to do any damage by herself. She had a few good runs but good runs arn't good if theyre ran for a short distance beside the sideline. Shes probably the only glipse of greatness I saw from this team unless there is some good talent from the new girls. Don't get me wrong, I did some ODP stuff with Laura before and I thought she was awesome myself. Maybe it was a bad night?

#43627 03/01/04 01:47 AM
World Cup
World Cup
Speaking of the young lady, I saw Laura in goal against Clemson this weekend and thought she played that position as well. Its amazing she can do two very different positions so well. You've analyzed Greenwood quite well, now might I offer a suggestion to you. I'm impressed with the quality of players and obviously Coach Burris has you playing enthused and tactfully. However, if that monkey is to ever release his grip from your back, you need to sell your stock in Turnovers and buy up as much fluidity as you can. Greenville schools and Daniel have your number. This is your year to take the latter, now do your part as players and concentrate to take care of the former.

R1C

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard