Unregistered
A
Good luck to both teams!

L
hat-trick
hat-trick
L
S1 --

I had the opportunity to watch both WA and Wando play this weekend at the Stratford Academy (Macon, GA) tournament. Stratford Academy is an upscale private academy of 900 students, with an emphasis on soccer in general -- maybe a bit like a Porter Gaud or BE focused on soccer. They compete in the private school arena and the girls team has won the last 8 or so state championships in their private school league. Their facility was as well manicured as Black Baud stadium.

Wando lost to Stratford Academy in pk's after a 1-1 tie after regulation and overtime. Whitney Naramore and Kelly McGinty played very well but Stratford's defenders swarmed and tackled with frequent turnovers. Lou Hudson did a nice job controlling the flow in midfield and I thought Rachel Bisnett played well. Wando blew out a young Westminster team in the second game on Saturday.

West Ashley played their easier game on Saturday, defeating Cardinal Gibbons (NC?) 3 -0 . I thought they matched up better against the Stratford Academy team in the game on Sunday, winning it 4 - 2. Forwards Danielle Jordan, Julie Bolt and Rebecca Thomas did a nice job of pressing the Stratford defense with speed, and to be honest I didn't thing the Stratford girls showed the same intensity against WA that they had shown against Wando. Hannah Schimpf and Britton Livingston played well in defense for WA.

Stratford Academy has one of the 13 (13?) players signed for next year with USC, a very able forward #9, Ashley Kirk.

I'm looking forward to the first match up of WA and Wando this Friday at WA. It should be girls soccer at its finest.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the review. I too am looking forward to the game. My Wando friends say that Stratford was pretty physcial against Wando with numerous fouls in the midfield. A PK shoot out is just like flipping a coin. Terrible way to finish a game.
Maybe I burned myself out on last yr's spring ball or that endless debate this fall; but do not look for excessive debate from me after the game. At least I hope not.
Good luck to both teams (and JI just around the corner). Still predict the State Champ comes out of 7-4A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be something Wando would say. Excuses excuses. All pks are is shooting. Wando can't keep it down. All any team had to do to beat Wando is take them to pks. Everyone knows that.

World Cup
World Cup
I just took a survey and the three guys and two girls beside me didn't. What now?

Link Copied to Clipboard