Next Thread
Print Thread
#44570 04/28/04 06:10 PM
L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
Losses this week by West Ashley, Mauldin and Spartanburg underscore that there is no annointed team just biding its time waiting to have the championship trophy delivered to it. As best I can piece together the lower state 4A brackets, it looks like the second round (Wednesday) should be a lot of fun with some good competition among schools that haven't had a chance to play see each other this season. Single elimination playoffs can be remarkable focusing. Best of luck and safe play to all involved.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This morning's paper stated James Island is #3 in Region 7. Did West Ashley place #1 with Wando #2 or how did it work out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way I understand the tie breakers to go since all 3 teams tied is:
1-regular season record - which forces JI to 3rd
2-complete record including tournaments

I think West Ashley has 1 more win overall but won't try predict what SCHSL will rule!!

L
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
L
S! --

I haven't seen anything written down but I heard that first you look at the in Region record then the regular season record among adjoining regions (the 16 game regular season). This would put JI 3rd and leave Wando and WA tied. Head to head play was the next differentiator I was told, giving WA the #1 seed. Maybe Kyle or someone could lay out the entire sequence of how to determine seeding -- or maybe it's out there somewhere. We're not the only region with a knotted in Region record -- I think Dorman and Spartanburg had the same thing.

lpaf

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like I said, I can't predict what final outcome will be. I heard the head to head was before out-of-region records. I skipped that one since (if it is first) it didn't resolve anything. Sorry for the confusion.

Link Copied to Clipboard