S! --

Thanks for the airhorn update. You were quite vocal about Coach Ferguson's substituting technique last year and in the 6 Wando games I have watched this year it has certainly continued. He uses it very effectively to limit momentum on the part of the opposing team and give his girls a bit of a breather which he must feel they need. I saw the orange and blue body painted students on television last night, a nice touch for JI and reflective of our more barbaric (ie Braveheart) island culture -- but they appeared to be more naked than clothed. I wonder where they could have hidden that airhorn?

Last year I droned on excessively about Coach Ferguson's 2002 News and Courier quote (after losing Lower State to WA in PK's "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.") but this year I have not even brought it up. He is a very successful coach who employs creative tools to achieve his ends.

lpaf

ps: But if you were looking to give your team a break late in a tight game, having one of your own fans blow a concealed airhorn at the 2 minute mark would be clever, wouldn't it? Just kidding...

pps: Region 7. Best girls' soccer in the state. Look out upstate, here we come...