What I was talking about with regions is this... ADs of 4A schools have an agreement that all their soccer teams' non-conference games will be scheduled against schools from a "sister" region. For instance, the 4A region of all Charleston area teams and the one with some Charleston and some Hilton Head teams play all their non-conference games against teams from the other region. There are some 3A and 2A teams for us to play, and we have scheduled them (BE, Hanahan, Stall, Waccamaw). In order to get closer to a full girls schedule, we added Stall. Georgetown might have been a better choice and a higher quality opponent buy cost becomes and issue at some point especially with a 1A school like us.

I know our girls program would love to play Stratford, Goose Creek and the like. They would be more competitive games and we would get more out of them. However, those teams' non-conference schedules are restricted because of AD agreements.

I was shocked when I saw Wando and James Island playing BE on the boys side in the regulr season this year. I believe that ADs have let teams out of a couple of those games against their "sister" region; however, one way to avoid blowouts would be to allow teams to schedule whoever they want for non-conference. That way we could have added a couple of games against the teams I mentioned earlier instead of Stall.