#46291 03/16/05 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CD-

Although the BC/Chapin game was a nail biter at times...it wasn't the best game I have seen played....I hope both teams learned from their numerous mistakes...and let us all make those mistakes now, and not later in the season. BC needs to get more consistent, and hopefully that will come. All in all, I was glad when the 2nd OT whistle was blown...I could finally breathe:)

#46292 03/16/05 09:21 PM
C
goal
goal
C
quote:
Originally posted by Bozladyvp:
CD-

Although the BC/Chapin game was a nail biter at times...it wasn't the best game I have seen played....I hope both teams learned from their numerous mistakes...and let us all make those mistakes now, and not later in the season. BC needs to get more consistent, and hopefully that will come. All in all, I was glad when the 2nd OT whistle was blown...I could finally breathe:)

I did say that it was the best game I have seen "played". I said "The BC/Chapin game was no doubt the best soccer game I have seen in several years." Meaning that I really enjoyed the energy and level of effort from both teams. If these women play consistent every time, trapped the ball perfectly and always struck the ball, then we wouldn't be watching a HS game played by 14-18 year old women. I would be watching professional soccer instead.

I know a lot of BC parents and players where expecting a 6-0 win. I could hear them clearly outside the scoring booth including the potty mouth my 3 1/2 year old son had to listen to all night. So I can undertsand your feelings about the game.

Most HS games tend to be very low energy and the level of effort isn't always there but this game was an exception. It had all the feeling of a championship game. Not one girl on either team was willing to go down without a fight. This type of game is what turns into great rivalries.

#46293 03/16/05 11:17 PM
P
bench
bench
P
Chapindad- Mr. John L.? None of the BC players and parents, that I know, expected a 6-0 victory over Chapin. The Eagles have a long history of excellent soccer, Chapin beat B-C 3-0 last year, and have an excellent coach in John Rosier. The BC girls expected what they got --a hard fought game. Had BC finished their many opportunities to score in the first half, even missing an unguarded goal in overtime, the complexion of the game might have been different. But they didn't finish---that's soccer.

B-C had 19 shots on goal to Chapin's 8.

All in all it made for an exciting game and I heartily agree with your statement, "The BC/Chapin game was no doubt the best soccer game I have seen in several years."

It may have been me under the press box and if I used bad language, I certainly apologize, I don't remember using such language.

Chapin is a young and talented team. I expect they will see a great deal of success in the future.

#46294 03/16/05 11:31 PM
C
goal
goal
C
Everyone seems to know me, but never seem to introduce themselves. I am not nearly as clever to figure out all the names. Except maybe Deahler.

#46295 03/17/05 04:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. L, I don't know about Penquin, but I am just a good investigator, I just ask other parents, lol I wasn't the potty mouth, thank goodness, because I only hung out with Penquin for the last 2 OT's. I don't think either of us breathed much less cussed. I actually met Dealer at another BC game when a BC parent who knew him introduced him. I will introduce myself next time I promise, or ask the Connors to point me out.

I agree with Penquin though, we were very nervous about this game...as we have formed a good rivalry. It is hard to get mad at the players when you know them and the parents which keeps the fighting to a dull roar:) Looking forward to our next match up!

#46296 03/17/05 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In rereading my last post, it may have sounded like I thought that Penquin "was" the potty mouth....I don't think that at all. Sorry, and I apologize for me and any other parents who don't control their mouths at any sporting event. I try to keep a sucker in my mouth to ensure that I behave:)

#46297 03/18/05 02:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bozladyvp, will I meet you and your friends at BC Friday night or Saturday? Our crowd has to use suckers to keep quiet sometimes, too.

#46298 03/18/05 02:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Olander, I would love to meet you Friday night if possible? What time are you guys going to be here? We play wkhs at 4:30, probably won't stick around too much after that? I usually sit around the press box...I will have a pin with my daughters pic on it...or ask where is Mallory's Mom? I look forward to meeting you:)

#46299 03/18/05 02:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have the 9 pm game and will be rooting for Eastside. Maybe see you Saturday. I'll have a clipboard, green coat, gray scarf, fingerless gloves, and a short beard. My wife will be with me watching our senior daughter play in her last season.

Now I'll probably get picked on. :-)

#46300 03/18/05 02:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Olander-Who would pick on you? Nah, I might still be there for a bit and I might even come back and watch part of your game. I will look for you if not Saturday. Who is your daughter? Mallory is my senior #13, she was marking #10 in our match up. Drive down safe today!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard