LPAF: I've recently begun former best-sellers (e.g., Clancy, Crichton, King, etc.) because my son was reading them; he checked them out from his middle school library. I've been more impressed than I thought I'd be; particularly by King whose Dark Tower stuff is as literate as anything I've read [I've now ordered the seven volume set]. But I've been amazed at how course the language is -- it's resulted in a lot of discussions with my son.

By the way, regarding your quest for information regarding the very impressive Fort Mill team and their players -- while I realize that ODP participation doesn't mean everything, you can at least get some insight by doing a roster comparison. Counting last year [which includes the 1987 squad] and this year, Fort Mill seems to have 5 ODP players, which includes 2 alternates [note: this doesn't include any players on the NC ODP squad; those names if any aren't publicly available]. The Fort Mill roster is here.

West Ashley seems to have 5 ODP players as well; two of whom have region pool experience and one of whom is named as an NSCAA All-American. If "upstate sc" is wrong, and it's West Ashley and Fort Mill in the finals, it ought to be an exciting game. Then again, I think that James Island, Wando, or West Ashley versus Fort Mill would be an exciting game!