Jason,

When you figure 1.5 tickets per player then it comes to $700.00, which comes out to $40.00 a parent. But lets take a little closer look at the numbers. At $10 a t-shirt BC is making about $5 a shirt, so lets not give out a shirt and save $90, so now I am down to $33 a parent if they have 18 players. Coaches or Team Managers can collect that money from the parents or do a refund raiser for the entire cost.

I really have no problem with BC making money for their team by using this tournament. I think it is a great idea and support it completely. And I would have never opened my trap if it wasn't for the T-Shirt REQUIREMENT. The tickets at the gate don't bother me that much because it is still a choice. I can choose to go or not go, my choice. I personally have only missed 3 games in my daughters entire club and HS career but I do have a choice. The $250 tournament fee again is not a problem because I made the CHOICE to pay Chapin $50 for Soccer Fees that could be used by the coach for such things. But I never had a choice in the t-shirts. I will be hit up for $10 and I never had a choice, it was taken away from me. I like living in America not China, where I have some freedoms of choice. If BC sold the t-shirts at the gate for $15.00 I would probably buy one if my daughter really liked them, but at least the decision would be mine and BC would have to make sure that the t-shirts are of good quality and have something appealing about them. Which is why I support the market economy.

One last note. Kyle's response also crawled under my skin. His last sarcastic comment about how I must be to stupid to fully understand the cost of things and trying to imply that they make nothing off this tournament.