Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
goal
goal
Sorry stroker, I am neither fat nor out of shape, my vision is still a noncorrected 20/20, and I have a rule book handy, so unfortunately I do not qualify to join the likes of you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Willy,

I f you say you saw it OK. But you know as well as I do when the games get tight or a call is blown that costs your respective teams you and Sucker let the guys in yellow hold it.

World Cup
World Cup
I hold my tongue in front of the kids. No, I do go home and pray Psalms 58:6 and even 109:9 for good measure.

S
coach
coach
S
2004striker: Regarding the great link, I've got a question. The person writing it described this bill as

" a bill intended to make it unlawful to commit an assault and battery upon a sports official or coach during and after an athletic contest, and to provide penalties for violations."

Isn't in unlawful to commit an assault and battery upon anyone, whether they are an official or not? Are the penalties listed in this document more harsh than those for committing an assault and battery on a grandmother?

coach
coach
Chuckie,
OK, then. Try eating more twinkies, chocolate doughnuts and milkshakes. Maybe you will get there.
But if you decide not to take the risk to ref, hopefully when the zero tolerance policy goes into effect, you will be one of the first lucky ones to be tossed.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Shearer and Chuck,
I don't post much, but I just have to say that you two guys ruin the boards for everyone else. Don't you realize everyone else wishes you would leave or get banned?

coach
coach
Chico,

I do not know the answer to your question. I imagine that this bill relates to the abuse policy already in place.
http://www.scref.org/Referees/SC%20Referees_RefereeAbusePolicy.htm

But I will find out further info for you.

S
coach
coach
S
William Aiken: I really like the question "Is it Christian?" or "Would Christ do x?" with regard to this message board. I actually try to think about it when I'm on this board posting. When I criticize organizations, I use Christ with the temple vendors mentally as the rationale for critical language and behavior -- but I try never to let that extend to anyone personally. It's a really tough thing to live up to...but a great thing to try to live up to.

Even if you view Christ not as a religious figure but simply as a revolutionary philosopher, this seems a viable set of questions.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Chuck Norris, you should read the differences between the FIFA rules and the NFHS rules. Now go ref those games, and then go do some tournaments where the rules are even different from the normal ones. It's just great that there can't be one standardized set of rules for soccer. I find it rather annoying! Now I can understand some of the complaints, they probably do have some merrit. Some are just the normal every year, and it gets tiring to hear them. Even if you don't want to hear this, referees have games like players do. You can be on the ball for one game, and then feel like you missed some calls the very next game. Sometimes the games are so bad, that they lull you into zoning out, and it is hard to get into a game that involves two teams playing kickball. Usually the higher skilled teams get the better referees. Maybe the referees should be spread out a little more. I just don't understand the usual banter....you criticise yet provide no good way to solve the problems. As for the referees that are out of shape, I started running at least a month before the season started....and you have to get into shape to ref. If you are out of shape and sucking wind by the end of the game, you aren't doing the best that you can. But then again I can ref 6 games on a Sat, and 6 on Sun.... so a pidly high school game is nothing. It is only one game, easy enough. I guess I am just rambling on, but my point is, if you are going to criticise, provide a way to solve the problem. What are some ways that we can the reffing to be better?

1) Provide a physical rediness test like the upper classifications for USSF refs.
2) Provide feedback from coaches and other referees for each match.
3) Instead of an open book test, have a test like USSF where you can't just read the answers and use them on the test. In real life you aren't going to have the rules book in your pocket on the field....know the rules.
4) Use only the referees that have the highest ratings for the post season, not just the old refs, or the refs with the most experience. I have seen some terrible games done by so called experienced refs.

There are a few ideas...anybody have any more plausable ways to fix this "epidemic" problem?

World Cup
World Cup
Chico, one would be surprised with the amount of arguing possible under the Christian religion. I have noticed your post as being to the point, full of facts, and without the "you are an idiot" bit. The uneducated are always upset with those that disagree in the name of Christ. Where does it say we have to be spineless posters that agree with everyone else? Alas, I am not perfect and often fail at crossing the line. But, it is a good point to aim.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard