Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Willy now you have gone too far! First off The magpies are Unbeaten in six games w/ Shearer as a "player/coach". If you go back to Souneys hiring I called ita mistake then. As for your Tony Adams claim, that just proves how uneducated you are in the game. I bet you don't know who was in charge of England when Shearer became captain?

Cheers for now its past five in Jordie Town!!!

To the Brown Ale!!!

World Cup
World Cup
Chuck, it is "roll". As in, "How I roll" or "Tuck and roll" or "Rock and Roll" or "Take the roll". Your spelling would be better suited for "Know your role, Jabroni".

Member #1185 (yes, you),

Shearer is not responsible for the winning, at least from a coaching/manager standpoint. He is doing very little more now that two months ago. Tony was the rightful leader and Shearer's "promotion" if you will was merely a ploy to appeal to the younger players for managerial support. He didn't deserve it, he didn't earn it, and he didn't do much with it.

goal
goal
or how about roll tide? Sorry my slang isn't up to par with yours! But, you got the picture, good dog!

goal kick
goal kick
I do referee and I agree with many of the posts regarding this subject. I was at a game last night where the referees called two entirely different games depending on which half of the field the game was being played on. A "handball" on one end was not one on the other. That is not what bothered me about the referees. They did not know the current rules for high school substitutions. I know this is a trivial issue and will more than likely not effect the outcome of the game but it makes them look bad. It gives everyone the impression that they do not know the rules of the game.

One and Only: I completely agree with you about the laws/rules of the game. It would be nice to have one set to follow for all games, with some minor variations because of age/level of the game. (ie no limit of subs).

Here is what I expect of referees:

Look the part. Dress professionally and in the proper uniform. No camo head bands, proper black shorts and the correct socks. People's first impression is what sets the stage for success or failure.

Work hard!!! Be in the proper position. Reading the game helps be in the right position. Help your partner in High School.

KNOW the rules that you are playing by for that game. Know them front and back. Make your calls with authority and do not hesitate, even if it is wrong.

Address fans/coaches only if they are completely out of control. Listen to the complaints of the coach and players because they may be telling you something very important but do not let them cross the line. If they do deal with it. A quick quiet word is often very effective.

In the end we need more referees so go get certified and join the ranks of the blind and unknowing.

To all referees: Keep the Faith.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok looking back you might be right......Ok maybe not but anyway 30 goals in 63 appearences for England, 1997 (the year he was named Captain) PFA Player of the year, ( did adams win that or just ride the coat tails of Bergkamp,Anelka, Vierra(sp),Manny Peitte(sp)Overermars)Ok thought so.

coach
coach
Chuckie, Willie and Sheer- are......in another world.
Please stay there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sucker shut ^ and figure out how you can make CUFC better....or go read Le Dude's old man post since that's all the soccer you will be watching next year!

goal
goal
oh, owe!
I'm not in another world just watching it! So don't bother me.

World Cup
World Cup
Flying Soccer, all valid points.

Strucker does love his CUFC...hmmmmmmmm.

Alan, oh my, is a great guy! Yeah, and he is a great leader by example, that's for sure. I especially liked the part when he kicked Lennon in the head. Real classy. What I liked even more was when blackmailed the FA to keep from getting banned.

goal
goal
Flying,
You are right, but what you said was "Here is what I expect of referees". That would be proper and this seems to be the way good officials do their job. The problem is we don't see many of them. What we expect is not often what we get. The big question is how can we make those guys better? As an official, would you object to some sort of constant/periodic written evaluation, monthly training sessions, or even face to face meetings with coaches(not before, during, or dirrectly following a game)?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard