Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50366 03/11/06 04:31 AM
B
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
B
Kudos: To Dutch Fork Girls Soccer for their 2-0 victory tonight against Irmo. The Silver Foxes played with desire and elan that Irmo could not match. Congratulations on a hard fought victory!
Kudos: To the Dutch Fork coaching staff on rallying the team after a tough defeat on Tues. and for coming up with an alignment that stifled Irmo's attack. Also for good substitutions that kept fresh legs in the game.
Criticism: Of the Dutch Fork coach who opened the gate and let in many unpaid spectators into the game. You, of all people should know that soccer is not a self supporting sport and every dollar raised at the gate counts.
Special Criticism: To the Dutch Fork head coach who was not man enough to shake hands with the Irmo team manager, who played for him last year and even earned all region honors (this former player transfered to Irmo this year because of a family situation, and is not allowed to play because of a Dutch Fork protest.)For a coach that stesses Pride, Communication, Caring, Collective Responsibility, and Trust, I found your actions at the end of the game to be classless and immature. This year the High School League is emphasizing sportsmanship,certainly the coach's refusal to acknowledge the end of game handshake of a student manager is far from the ideal the League would like to see. I hope a formal apology to the wronged student will be forth coming.

#50367 03/11/06 05:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach Bo,

Is it true you would not shake hands after the match? If it is true, maybe the SCHSL got it right in keeping the DF Girls out of post-season for the error made by the coach.

Is there the 'rest of the story' we would like to read?

#50368 03/12/06 01:46 PM
Goal
Goal
from my understanding, that behavior is typical of the DF coach

#50369 03/13/06 01:37 PM
corner kick
corner kick
Please help me understand: What is the big deal about shaking hands after a game?

#50370 03/13/06 02:20 PM
goal kick
goal kick
shaking hands after the game is something that every match I have ever watched ends with regardless of the level. The issue here is that the Dutch Fork coach offered the handshake to every other member of the team until he got to the girl is question. He saw it was her and retracted his hand. How is that upholding the "Five" that he preaches to his team.

You talk the talk, you MUST walk the walk.

I do love this game!

#50371 03/13/06 06:00 PM
corner kick
corner kick
I understand your point. Thanks

#50372 03/13/06 07:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the above comments is even close to being true. These inane and frivolous comments once again show how easily the facts can be miscontrued by those who do not have them or who choose to ignore them. As for my previous post earlier this year, if you lack the courage to reveal your true identity, then perhaps you should keep your comments on a message board more worthy of such anonymity--such as "myspace." If you prefer to remain unknown and attack people obliquely while hiding behind a computer user name, you are making the real character statement about yourself.

#50373 03/13/06 07:58 PM
Brace
Brace
It was the boys varsity soccer team and the bus driver from DF that came in the back gate, not fans. I have the key, we parked the bus there and came in through that gate because it was more convenient.

Wayne Quinlan
Dutch Fork HS

#50374 03/13/06 08:00 PM
C
Coach
Coach
C
So, Joe...what's the other side of the story? I think it deserves at least equal time.

This is Will Chassereau, by the way...Berkeley High girls' coach, formerly at Blackville-Hilda, and your roommate for the summer AP English certification class at USC-Spartanburg all those years ago. No hiding behind aliases necessary!

#50375 03/13/06 09:24 PM
World Cup
World Cup
Wouldn't it be nice if all the people on this thread gave their name and owned up to their comments? I think we'd have a lot nicer board if people could not hide behind their handles.

Getinthegame?
202677?
BOR?

You criticize the coach harshly and openly. Surely you can be man enough to show him where the daggers are coming from...

#50376 03/14/06 12:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it very frustrating that throughout the past couple of months, statements are being made without accurate information. As a player, I can set the record straight by saying that the coach extended his hand to every player, however a few of the girls retracted their hands instead. That is absolutely their right. I know I have been angered at the end of matches and done the same thing, however I do not condone this poor sportsmanship and work to make sure I make contact with each player. In regards to fans... only about 7 of the players themselves entered this area simply to shorten the distance to the field. Our assitant coach was given access to the gate to allow players into the playing area. As you can obviously see, as well, in the comment by Wayne Quinlan it was the boys soccer team and the players themselves that entered through that gate.

Through an unreal, saddening, and difficult situation, the Dutch Fork Women's Soccer team is working very hard to always show the utmost class and maturity. Each and every one of the players finds it extremely frustrating to view comments that derive from incorrect information and a desire to take shots at the team. Although frustrating, we WILL continue to thoroughly enjoy our season and we WILL continue to handle ourselves with extremely high class and sportsmanship. We look forward to the remainder of our season and hope that we can continue to show as much kindness and sportsmanship as possible to our upcoming opponents. Let's keep the sport we know as soccer the beautiful, classy game it truly is.

#50377 03/14/06 01:47 AM
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
The above post shows that a high school student's comments can be more classy, use better English and state her point far better than many of the adults that use this forum.

#50378 03/14/06 04:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Joe,

You don't me and I don't know you. I do know and respect BOR. I asked in my reply to his post for the rest of the story. Did Coach Bo not shake hands with former DF player? Are you refuting BOR?

I do appreciate DF13's response. It is a good thing that the DF Girls are trying to do the right thing.

I am not trying to take shots. I stated if the not shaking hands is true, then I do feel that the SCHSL penalty might be worth it.

#50379 03/14/06 11:18 PM
S
bench
bench
S
Just to clear things up once and for all:
All of the accusations or so called "criticism" made by BOR are false. Our coach offered his hand to everyone and some of the Irmo girls actually refused to shake his hand. That is their right, so we are holding nothing against them.
And as for the gate situation, our assistant coach did open the gate as we arrived just before 5 o'clock for the game. This was, as DF13 said, purely to give us a shortcut to keep us from having to walk all the way up and around the stadium to our side of the field. And I can tell you that I saw him open the gate and that I was the very last player in the gate and watched our coach lock the gate back. There were about 5 or 6 players that were let through the gate and that was it.
We know who made these accusations and do not appreciate it, we believe it more of a personal accusation, especially because of the relationship that that person has to the Irmo team and the school. It was a childish accusation and was for the soul purpose to try to take a "hit" at our coach and our program. Once again it will NOT work. So, once again lets please drop this situation. Let everyone have a great rest of the season with no more childish accusations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard