Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
This subject has been broached many times in the past, including during both of my son's high school careers but here we go again -
Are there any legitimate options out there for those that simply cannot tolerate playing high school ball? In the past, coaches have expressed a desire to form a tournament team to play through the high school season rather than to play ball for the school.
I know there is the adult league but I'm not sure whether or not women participate in the Charleston area.
Four games last week and my daughter's legs are, no exaggeration, black and blue from mid-thigh to her ankles. Constant hacking at the ball and her legs is going to get her injured. I know, pass the ball off before you get hacked. Anyone playing her "team" will understand how and why it happens.
A co-ed league would be good but an all female team would be best. If anyone has info, please jot it down.

goal
goal
Arena City Soccer has numerous leagues...coed rec and competitive, women's rec and competitive, I believe. Granted, this is not on the big field, but would definitely help your daughter in several aspects of her game.

C
Brace
Brace
C
The charleston adult league plays on thursday nights for girls. They have a few good teams, Same ones who play Arena city soccer. Good luck... all the 4 a schools in the area had a burtul schedule last week just have to get through it and move on.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Soccerdog, I remember reading some of your earlier posts and I have a very good guess as to what "team" you are speaking of. I have played against your daughter's team this year and I understand the damage other 4A schools are handing her. If it becomes an issue of her health and safety, I do think other options would be more beneficial for her. It is sad that it might come to it, but I can understand why moving your entire family just so she can play at a different school is obviously not an option. Good luck with your search!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Theres the Cesa CAP (college Advisory Program) team (if you are a challenge/premier level player looking to play in college) which plays spring games against colleges giving the players experience at the next level and colleges a look at up and coming studs.

Cesa CAP

C
Coach
Coach
C
Soccerdog,
I'm not sure which player is your daughter, but I have to say I have a lot of respect for the girls who have stuck with the program and are playing their hearts out every game in spite of the odds. I watched them play both matches at the Shootout and I was impressed by the determination of the players who fought for 80 hard minutes because there were no subs for relief...no matter how many times they got knocked down or even fell from exhaustion, they got back up and continued.

I'm wondering if any more players have been added since those opening weeks. We are at two of the smallest 4A schools in the state, and it's hard to go up against schools with up to and over twice our enrollment in two regions that can only be described (very respectfully to their achievements) as brutal competition. I hope your daughter and her team don't lose their heart or their love of the game during hard times; I can't help but believe that the program will recover and improve if the players, coaches, and even the parents and other fans who cheer them on and help give them the heart to keep getting up and fighting, keep the faith.

Best of luck to the team, and look forward to meeting them on the field soon.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Hmm...I didn't really read it that carefully, I guess Charleston would be a pretty long drive to CESA, but they practice in Columbia as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SoccerDog -
I can relate to the concern for your daughter. I'm not sure why the schedule is the way it is but so far in a 15 day period, my daughter will have played 11 games-8 of them away. This is absolutely not in the best interest of the team and the girls. I just can't figure out why there is not a limit on the number of games to 2 a week with at least one day off in between. I know "Whiner" but when these kids have all honors classes on top of this intense schedule, it's hard to keep it balance. Then throw in some ODP trainings on the weekends mixed in with a full sunday of church and youth group and watch them struggle. There is no easy solution to keeping it all going other than being a super supportive parent and keeping things positive.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Coach Chass,
Yes, a few more were added to to roster since the tournament. One is actually pretty knowledgeable of the game. Thanks for the little boost. I will pass it on to my daughter. Good luck a week from Friday. She should be playing up top against you guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard