CU23 --

Sorry to be slow in responding. I was away with family on Spring Break.

Wando High School, in my opinion, is one of the premiere girls' soccer programs in the state and has been for many years. Under the current coaching staff (and Coach Ferguson previously) they have consistantly fielded a team of talented and highly qualified players who have proven themselves in Region 7, the Lower State and at the State level. I feel sure the coaches have chosen the players they thought could best advance thier program over the years.

I don't pass any value judgement on the racial make up of the team. But having watched high school girls' soccer all over this state for the past five years, I continue to note that Wando is the whitest team I've seen. I feel sure that Chico's "drunk looking for the keys under the lamp post analysis" holds the key to this. I have never suggested "some conspiracy against african americans or anyone else" as you put it. What exactly do you mean by "the race card"? Is it inappropriate or politically incorrect to point out that there haven't been any black or minority players on the Wando team the last 5 seasons?

Finally, your original question was what this has to do with the "relevancy to anything posted on this board". The answer here is straightforward and to be found in the ninth post of this topic. I was annoyed that Wando didn't back up any in the 4A poll after losing to James Island and beating WA in pk's. I put forth "Wando as Black Hole" as my metaphorical explanation. But black hole somehow didn't seem appropriate for a team that hadn't had any black or minority players since Claire Wigfall's 2001 class. So I suggested "white hole" instead. That the side issue should have gotten so much attention suggests it may be the more interesting of the two.