Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oy ya... the Ben lippen field barely had any grass at all.

hat-trick
hat-trick
ben lippen probably has one of the best if not the best fields in scisa, it is big enough to play good soccer and spread out, and has nice grass. Pinewoods field isn't that bad when it isn't wet, but it was certainly soaked and our keeper couldn't hang on to the ball more than once. And i was told by your player that the guy that scored the goal for you was on varsity and so was one of the defenders

B
goal
goal
B
benp, I wasn't able to get to the game when Pinewood played at BL, so I can't comment on the BL field. I agree that the field was wet when the game was played at Pinewood. BL had a corner kick from the extremely wet corner mentioned above and the ref allowed them to take the ball to the other side. Both teams had players slipping on the field. Your keeper in the first half did struggle with hanging onto the ball, but worked that out by the second half. Both games were well played by both squads, resulting in PKs.

There have been many comments relative to "varsity" players playing JV. Pinewood did not have a JV team last year. This year without some players doing double duty, there would have been JV players without a team to play on. So your response about some "varsity" players playing, is valid.

Your also correct with the goal scorer. Pinewood's lone goal was scored by a good defensive stop near their 18, quickly through mid field, with a through ball, for a 1v1 opportunity. The defensive stop was made by a player that has had some varsity time, and the goal was scored by a player that has had some varsity time. Their ages were 7th and 8th grade, respectively.

All in all, Pinewood and Ben Lippen can look forward to many years of good competition.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard