I'm a CFC coach, and I only know of one coach who went to GFC! That was last year, and it was due to personal reasons, nothing to do with his CFC relationship.

It's obvious that most of these comments on this board are negative towards all the clubs in this area, and it needs to stop. Ego's most go out the door for one premier club to exist in Columbia. It's not the players, causing all the fuss about merging, it's boards, parents, and coaches....

I'm glad there's a NECSA, CSC, Lexington, and CRSA.....Everyone has choices, and there's a place for those who want to play at what ever level they want to play at.....

If you look at each competive girls high school team in the Columbia area, most of the better players on that team played for CFC.....

It doesn't matter if it's Chapin, Irmo, Spring Valley, Richland NE, Dutch Fork, Lexington, BC, AC Flora or Dreher. The better players on each of those teams played for CFC.....So, instead of bashing CFC for joining or merging with CSC....You should appreciate what was done for those players to make each of your high school teams better the last 2 years.

Good look to all the clubs in this area, and I thank everyone involved in soccer for trying to make the game better for our children....

PS. Clubs need to remember...there is a need for seperate clubs, but there is also a need for a premier team at each age group to represent Columbia at the state and regional level. The NECSA's, CSC's, CFC's, CRSA's, and Lexington's of the area, are great for soccer, and need to exist...But to compete each season at all age groups, there needs to be a change in everyones attitude towards who controls it....Each club should have a voice and equal representation in the forming of premier columbia club/entity....

Let's quit talking and club bashing, and start making Columbia competitive.....