Seasiders -- thank you for the clarification regarding CFC coaches.

Here's what I'm trying to find out -- and I'm hoping that you can help here. What is the mission/goal of each of these clubs? Even if I grant your theory that a single team at each level needs to represent the region, it's not clear whether that should exist within the current club structure, in a new "meta-club" structure, or whatever. If NECSA (for example), decides that they are going to do whatever it takes to be competitive at a state, regional, and national level for girls U11-U14 (again, for example), and no one else is trying or at least trying in a meaningful way, then the biggest step will be to let the parents and children know so that they can choose the best team for them to try out for.

A lot of people want to build a meta-club without a clearly defined understanding of what each club is trying to do now. I suspect, in some cases, that this is because each club doesn't know, or disagrees internally, with what each wants to do now. But I could easily be wrong -- this could simply be a communication problem -- the boards and coaches could completely understand this and the parents/children are just failing to understand. That's why I'm looking for some help in trying to understand goals/missions.

Let me give you an example from your neck of the woods. Just the other day, a group of parents were talking about CSC/CFC. Since I thought I understood CFC's mission, I stated that this was great because CFC would now have more resources to build the best girls soccer teams in the region. I was then told (and I'm telling you this not as a fact, but as a group of people's perceptions) that CFC wanted to focus on older girls and not on younger girls.

Now, this may be a falsehood -- but there are many, many falsehoods out. So, if you have a perspective on this, I'd love to hear it.