Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#56385 05/16/03 01:58 AM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Breezin: Yes it is about choices and I feel that I should be able to have my child play for any private club she chooses without losing the right to use public facilities while other private clubs get to use them. What I feel strongly about is that certain private clubs should not control public facilities paid for by tax money to the exclusion of others.

You said "All children/students in Lexington County are invited to participate in the tryouts". I know that kids from outside of Lexington County play on these teams and that they take "outside" players while excluding or "cutting" local players. This happened to one of my daughters.

#56386 05/16/03 12:50 PM
LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Coach P.. If you are talking about "classic soccer" here as opposed to "rec soccer", and I think you are, then the one thing you seem to be missing is that your daughter can choose whatever she wants, but in "classic soccer" she has to "make the team". If she was cut out, as you claim, then perhaps she just did not have the skill to play at that level for the team she was trying out for. I know she would not have be cut if she wanted to play rec soccer at Lexington. Bottom line is if anyone want their children to be able to play at the Lexington facility, then they should play "for" a Lexington club.

#56387 05/16/03 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach P. First off you are taking this to personally. second off you can take your family to the feilds for fun. But not teams from all over.

About this mess calling the lexington clubs private organizations, I have heard that the DOR is takeing the clubs under there wing and that takes this arguement of being private and sends it out the window. If there wasn't such big egos involved with sports adminstration and coaching this would not even be an issue. I am sure all the Lexington clubs are open to players from all over Lex county and I am sure they are wanting coaches and people to help with the running of the clubs. So lets stop this baby stuff and work as a team and make it work best for all PLAYERS (not coachs and egos).

#56388 05/16/03 01:57 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Outsider: I agree with you that it should be about the players and not adult egos who must control the fields in some sort of fiefdom. But that is what we have had in the Lexington area for the last 10 years. The way they have excluded CSRA during that time is evidence of this.

I was involved with both the classic and rec girls clubs in Lexington as coach and board member for 4 years. I am very familiar with the way they have been run. The only relationship these clubs had to the county was for use of facilities. All of their decisions are made by private boards which do not report to the DOR. Unless this has changed, THEY ARE PRIVATE CLUBS. The coed rec program is the only one that has been under the auspices of the DOR.

#56389 05/16/03 02:04 PM
hat-trick
hat-trick
Lexfan: My comment was not about my daughter's situation. That was an example. The point was that they do have player's from outside the Lexington DOR area, even to the exclusion of local players. Yet other clubs with "outside" players are excluded from using the fields even if 50% or more of the players are from the area. Example: CRSA

#56390 05/16/03 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know enough about this issue to comment intelligently, but I have a plan: I will hit the big, fat lottery like the guy in Charlotte who just won $88 million. I will buy premium acres wherever it is available and donate it to the Cola area for primary use for NECSA and CRSA (if they will merge). Then LSC can do its Rec. thing and CSC can stay secluded out at Ballentine. But I will do this with one condition: that the Fields are named in my honor and A TREMENDOUS, BIG FAT NEON SIGN is posted at the entrance with my name and picture! Will this solve the whole argument over the need for fields in the area?? I will let everyone here in this forum know first as soon as I get my lump sum check.

#56391 05/16/03 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach P before you start saying things you should research the clubs now. The Lex clubs now talk with the county often and are also being run differently then they ever have been. I know the girls club has been reorganized. and is under new management.
also it sounds like you are bitter about not being with that club any longer. There is absolutely no reason that you would have jumped on the CSRA band wagon with out a vendetta. Did you not also try to force your way onto the fields with CFC? If you have a personal tiff with Lex then deal with that personally not through another person. Also what is happening here Is that all this arguing is going to negatively impact the players. They will see coaches with dislike for others and they will take that out on the field. And secondly this is really going to hurt the players because the county is going to get tired of all this crap and will nicely tell all clubs other then the REc boys and girls for lex to find fields else where.

I know Kevin wants more fields to help his club grow, but to do this will just hurt about 25 teams of classic player and give them no fields, and not open any extra fields up for his club. So coaches that are trying to run this into the ground I hope you have come up with what you will tell all the players.

Coach P. about your involvement with this mess. If you are out to get the club or a person in the club take it out with them personally and don’t hide.

#56392 05/16/03 02:53 PM
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[outsider] The Lex clubs now talk with the county often and are also being run differently then they ever have been.<<

In order to tone down the emotionally charged and rapidly evolving ad hominem tone that seems to be developing here, perhaps you could state in more detail the new relationship between the “Lexington clubs” * and the county – what discussions are occurring beyond field usage? Also what might be tremendously helpful would be any and all detail you could provide concerning your statement that the “Lexington clubs” are being run differently – specifically how are they being run differently?

Thanks to all for your impassioned discussion concerning this subject! [Big Grin]

* I am using quotation marks not to make a point, but because there’s been dispute about what a “Lexington club” is and that's not the point of this message.

#56393 05/17/03 04:14 AM
S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
For those interested in the theoretical underpinnings of what's being discussed in this thread.

http://dieoff.org/page109.htm

#56394 05/17/03 04:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sibumi,
ad hominem???

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard