To all the Mid-State & Coatal Regions.I have been reading through all the messages on this topic and I can understand that you are frustrated.I think also,for Districts to be more competetive a merger must happen within Clubs around.It will be sooner then later in my Opinion.For what its worth,CESA has 2000+ players who are fielding 3 sometimes 4 teams in each age Bracket to compete in Classic/Challenge League play.Look at the Final Results of State Cup Play.There was not 1 blow out.2 games went into O.T I think that's Brilliant! CESA had at least 80+ players trying out for every age group.In the younger ages they had 100+ easily at try-outs so definatly numbers count.Last Year ST Giles/GFC won 8/9 Champs in u15-u18.This year,Congrats to them,they won all 8,by combining those teams together.Should they have won? SURE!! It doesn't matter if CESA was formed in 6 months or 6 weeks..with the quality of players the Coaches had to work with,it just a matter of time for them to get them together as a team and play a system the players can all relate too.So,this I can't believe we won 8 State Titles so soon B.S. is just that..B.S
Hopefully,Coaches are talking about merging to be more competitive in the future for all S.C Soccer.