I couldn't agree more!! I just put forth the only viable plan to CONSISTENTLY compete at the regional and national level. Of course it will not happen. Even teams in the past that have drawn from other parts of the state (NECSA, SURF) could not really compete at that level.
As previously stated, it is a matter of numbers. When Sterling Elite and Chicago FC have literally hundreds of girls trying out for a team, and willing to pay in the neighborhood of $10,000 per year for club and coaching fees, little SC cannot compete with the talent. Of course the occasional team will come along and win at regionals but not consistently. The old CGSA Fusion competed very well at regionals in the past but we seem to be looking for a club to consistently compete.
MPSC has at least three girls coming from Hilton Head to practice and play. This is over two hours each way. TOUGH!! My son drove 1-1/2 hours to practice two to three times per week. Thank God he is now in college!
The point I am trying to make is SC does not have the numbers, even with regional clubs, to compete with the big dogs. I have been honored to watch my daughter compete with these folks at WAGS and Southern Regionals. Please believe me, we have a long row to hoe. It can be done but how many girls are committed to practicing FIVE nights a week and traveling every weekend to either play games or attend tournaments.
It may be best for our clubs and teams to simply play within themselves with available talent.

SM1121 - don't take it personally! There is no reason to defend your beliefs, I give you guys all the credit in the world.

Mark - we have not had a formal meeting to discuss it but I believe we will be playing Premier. Hopefully we will be able to bring in a couple of players to help us out.
Ya'll have a great holiday. I'm off for 12 days!