[Preface: My last post on this thread, and, I sincerely hope, my last post on any thread with a title referencing midlands soccer mergers.]

>>[swimmer1] The point of available training sessions right now is a bit misleading isn't it?
Only reason to train right now is for those state champ teams who might need to get to keep their touch for Regonals. MPSC teams playing in Christmas tournaments are stll practicing.<<

I honestly wasn't trying to be misleading, and apologize if I was. Here are some of the reasons players can be training now: [1] holiday team tournaments, [2] spring team seasons [e.g., scrimmaging colleges, tournaments, etc.], [3] ad hoc leagues/tournaments [e.g., indoor leagues, small-sided tournaments, etc.], [4] individual training for high school play, [5] individual training for regional play, [6] team training for regional play, [7] individual for ODP, [8] and so on.

The only point I was trying to make was that the club and parents in that club in which my daughter participates now offers training for multiples of these purposes, so my daughter is happy. I stated it only because the subject raised was commuting to clubs, and I thought it might help if people saw the kinds of services that people who commute to clubs appreciate.

If I were part of a midlands club considering a merger, I would first look at the services I could provide players rather than looking at ways to force players to leave their current team and play on a new one so I could win something.