Well... correct my timeframe. CESA was "new" at the state cup. What I notice is that with exception of a few teams, the turnover exists. For example: Summerville wins state and replaces St giles who then merges with GFC and wins state back as CESA or something equivalent boys or girls it does not matter; whilst Summerville does not make it out of the playoff game or semis. I know that there are teams that are clearly head and shoulders above others, but if you look at the Semifinal games on the previous year you would see many close games. Which to me means that 1 thru 4 are somewhat equivalent.

My personal experience as a player and now and then coach, is that teams have a tendency to play at the level of the opposition. You would probably agree with the statement. This is a mental condition

Therefore:
1- Premier teams see higher competition - true
2- Premier teams do not see the SCYSA reps except maybe for tourneys - True
3- Premier team can come in cocky or with confidence shot - depends on the premier experience and the team chemistry
4- SCYSA rep is clearly the underdog - true

To me the tie breaker is 3 and 4 if the skill level is somewhat equal. And it is a lot easier to emphasize 4 than it is to de-emphasize 3.

In my opinion, at the state cup level the mental aspect usually is the deciding factor.

On the other side, for example, it would be interesting to see how Bridge 90 gold prepares for DSC or CESA while going thru the U15 unopposed

Dr. Phil...