>>[socdad] For those of you who love to denigrate the CSC club...<<

I apologize if anything I've said on this message thread is perceived as "denigrating" CSC. However, I would ask you to read what I've written; I can't see where I've been critical.

My question regarding playing up was made in response to an observation made in this thread about directors at another club. My perspective, as a volunteer at another club, is that if you can't trust your directors to make soccer decisions, then you better have a board that knows more about soccer than the directors. This would include decisions such as permitting children who want to play up to do so if it is the best thing for the child.

Regarding where parents/players choose to play, I've tried to make only two points: (1) if you're proposing a merger scheme in which you're asking others to drive 90 miles, it seems reasonable that they might counter-propose to you that you drive 90 miles, (2) there is a fair amount of evidence that "partial remote training" works, although it's completely understandable that it may not be liked.

It's clear that you love your club and are proud of its accomplishments -- and that's great. Regarding your loss of Eddie Crosby, you have my sincere sympathy -- I thought that he was working hard to try to operationally execute on the CSC vision (i.e., We will be the most recognized state youth soccer organization of choice fostering competition, creating opportunities and encouraging participation at every level of play.) I hope that CSC doesn't give up on that vision, and I hope you can find someone who is willing to continue to attempt to operationally execute on that vision.