In any case...back to what prompted my question...

If I were associated with CSC, my first question wouldn't be "who's the next DOC?" My first question would be "Do we need a full-time DOC to accomplish our vision/goals or do we need only a part-time DOC and we can use the financial savings in other ways to accomplish our vision/goals?"

Of course, a lot of this depends on whether the vision/goals are still appropriate, i.e., does the board still wish to be the "...most recognized state youth soccer organization..." [from the vision statement]?

It seems to me that other youth soccer organizations have been "upping the ante" in terms of their goals and operations, so asking some fundamental questions about the nature of how CSC must be structured before choosing a successor is probably CSC's first step. The board letter seemed to reflect at least some of that.

One last note: as someone who wants to see South Carolina youth soccer become more competitive regionally and nationally, I think it would be great if CSC made the DOC position full-time -- unless I'm mistaken, it would mark CSC as the only club with a full-time DOC position in the midlands.