Chico, absolutely! I went to the ODP subregional this weekend (recommend reading the comments in the latest ODP forum). I saw many games in various age groups. The role of the ODP is to showcase individual talent from within the state. However, a lot of comments are being made about the level of play at this friendly being low or equal to regular club play. I observed that also, the break point seemed to be at the '91 and below age group (U14ish). SC 91's blew out the WV & AL teams 5-0, 5-0 (could have easily been 10-0). I believe the same thing happened with the NC1 team. SC was scheduled to play the NC2 team on Sunday but instead played the NC1 team which, as I understand, players were moved between NC1 & NC2 to build the best possible team (NOTE: most all of these states' players had not practiced as a team before this weekend). The score was 0-0 at the half and NC1 ended with the win 2-0 (tremendous game). Teams younger than 91 mostly played kickball and it was very hard to see individual talent. Players for the SC and NC1 91 teams could easily showcase their talent with other talented players, it was great to watch. The older age groups had more experience and again it was easier for individuals to showcase their talent as well.

So, to answer your question; Yes, playing on the "best" team will get you into the best tournaments & it allows you to really showcase the "individual". On another point, the coaches of ODP are mostly collegiate, I noted CofC, Lander, Erskine & USC coaches at tryouts and the subregional. ODP gives you tremendous In-State exposure as well as top club and tournaments.