Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
coach
coach
I have figured out the Chico mystique! Through extensive research(at least 15 grueling mins.), I see the process Chico uses to 'wow' us with his soccer knowledge and expertise --

>> SCsoccer.com Questions/ Issues are automatically fed into the Super Cray Computer through the unwitting and pliable minds of the forum posters, i.e., Chapindad.(So be careful what you think, posters.) The Cray sends an electronic signal to the micro chip in Chico’s dog tag.(purchased at the CESA super store). The signal is transmitted to Chico’s massive brain. Chico(the dog) instantly postulates a detailed and accurate response to the issue, being careful to couch his responses to reflect favorably on CESA and female soccer. The unemotional, rational responses are received by fellow posters, who make feeble attempts to at first, comprehend Chico’s wisdom, secondly, to praise his mere existence, then thirdly, to crudely respond with a few morsels of our own babble and amazement that soccer can be so complex. <<
And so it goes...........from the dog:

-

coach
coach
To the Cray computer:
Chico (thedog) responds to the statements/comments which are immediately fed into this super 'CESA-red' Cray computer at blinding speed. The comments are then dissiminated to the forum through the unwitting Chapindad and others.

-

coach
coach
To and thru the posters in this forum:
Chapindad and others are used as decoys for Chico's wisdom, through statements/comments/replies through this forum. It is all a vicious cycle.............from the posters to the Cray to Chico, the dog, and back again.
Chico reminds me of Kilgore Trout ~
About 'Breakfast of Champions" Vonnegut says: ''Kilgore Trout was the only character I ever created who had enough imagination to suspect that he might be the creation of another human being. He had spoken of this possibility several times to his parakeet.''

-

world cup
world cup
That's not Chico's computer, I'm pretty sure his is red.

coach
coach
OK Hurst, I found a red and black one.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
>>[2004striker] [...] reflect favorably on CESA and female soccer [...]<<

Did you notice how difficult I made it for CESA in the club/D1 comparison table? Instead of just counting the oldest teams, I counted every girls challenge and premier team that a club fielded. This pushed CESA down below CUSC (and now Northside) in terms of positive deviation since the fewer girls teams you field, the lower the prediction of your percentage of D1 SC players. I actually got some private complaints on this noting that CESA fielded twice as many D1 players as any club in the state but was ranked third by what one person said was my "flawed deviation theory" since not too many U13 girls go straight to playing D1 soccer.

Regarding a bias toward "female soccer", I'm absolutely, completely, 110% guilty.

coach
coach
I did not notice that in your chart, but I know you are always fair and unbiased in any of your
analyses and comments. But I will have to peruse your charts more carefully for any biases in favor of female soccer.

coach
coach
??
{ !! } //+ & #.
$$ @ ^^ **?
Thanx

C
goal
goal
C
Kickman,

Its always easy to agree, but nothing is gained. I always find that things are rarely what you think and almost always there is more going on behind the scenes that can't be made public for various reasons.

Later

C
kick off
kick off
C
Question....what can the South Carolina clubs (all of them) do to encourage in state schools from doing more in state recruiting? If you take a look at the rosters for North Carolina or Duke, for example, they have several players each year they recruit from CASL. Shouldn't the SC schools be doing the same from CSC, NECSA, CESA, DSC, etc.? It seems like the in state players are overlooked or go play out of state.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard