LeGrazie,

I don't know much about the U-9 through U-12 programs at either club. I posted this about the U-13 and U-14 groups back in November when the merger was announced:

quote:
Looking at strictly the younger age groups, who stand to be the most affected by this merger, it looks like there is room for quite a bit of improvement at both clubs.

In the U-13 boys, CSC went 0-8 in the classic division and 0-10 in the challenge division. NECSA doesn't have a classic team, but the challenge team went 4-5-1.

In the U-14 boys, CSC went 1-6-2 in classic, but did much better in challenge with a 9-1-2 record. NECSA only played classic at this age group, with an 8-1-1 record.

On the girls side, neither club had a U-13 classic team. The U-13G challenge team from CSC did well (5-2), and NECSA at 2-5, not so well.

At U-14G, CSC classic went 1-8. CSC challenge went 5-3-2, and NECSA challenge went 7-1-2.

It would appear to me, a neutral observer, that a merger of these two clubs could result in improvement at either the classic or the challenge level, but it still remains to be seen if they can be competitive at all levels. It does not appear that the numbers are there for top teams from the existing CSC and NECSA clubs at U-13 and U-14. The fact that these clubs do not have teams at both levels in the younger age groups indicates that the merger will need some additional help from somewhere.

Just some random thoughts supported by stats that may not mean much...

These can indeed be the elite teams of the future, but they need to do something to turn around some of the records.

Note: Neither CSC nor NECSA had U-11 or U-12 teams in the Palmetto League. I find that very interesting, especially since the Palmetto League administrator is very active in CSC.