Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
So now a question (devil's advocate)

CSC and NECSA merged to form Columbia United FC, as I believe was presented to their membership prior to the vote, the merger would maintain an east / west separation of teams with the older ages having a "premier" level teams that would be selected from the merged areas. How is this any different than what Bridge is doing with JISC and Summerville other than in name alone.

Is it because it is merged and thus one entity?

Then I agree that there will be a new club next year or possibly one less one and a major US Club Soccer member.

S
coach
coach
S
greenacres/scotland: I've got to ask -- wouldn't you simply call a Columbia team practice for all teams and train the kids that show up? There's no clause here that states that you have to train only 100% of a team, is there?

scotland: I'm hoping that some of the folks who have been saying that they want to see "all of the material" and defending these folks will now get on and defend what Ron Tryon/NECSA/CSC has requested here.

S
coach
coach
S
>>[futbol(soccer)] Is it because it is merged and thus one entity?<<

As per the language of the decision, yes.

I agree that this ruling will have unintended consequences for years to come.

I also don't really think that Bridge FA is "dead" in a practical sense, just a technical one. Heck -- the very name references an alliance of clubs. But I think that they've really hurt Bridge FA's chances to grow through their previous strategy (i.e., the alliance strategy). Bridge FA will have to either go to a merger strategy or it will have to move all alliance operations outside of SCYSA governance.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Chico: I would assume you could call a team practice for all of your club's teams at the same time and only train the ones that show up, however to be a team practice doesn't the registered coach of the team (or each team) have to attend.

S
coach
coach
S
greenacres: Never been that way in the past for at least us -- at both clubs and on every SCYSA team my kid has ever played for, there were plenty of times that the coach didn't show for practice for some reason (e.g., illness) and she was trained by someone else in the club.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Chico: I was sort of being sarcastic. I figured that would be NECSA/Ron Tryon's next point of argument.

When will the appeal be?

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Greenacres,
It doesn't sound like there can be an appeal. The conclusion states that the decision is final and binding.

S
coach
coach
S
greenacres: I'm sorry -- a long day.

By the way, I don't think I'd give NECSA/CSC any more ammunition by speculating -- heck, with the success they had on this one who knows what they might achieve next? [Frown]

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
*SCYSA does not recognize the “partnership” between any SCYSA clubs. Each and every SCYSA club is an organization member of SCYSA and responsible for its own individual members and their own actions, as noted in SCYSA Bylaws 211, 212 and 231.

*All SCYSA clubs, including CESA, will immediately cease the advertising or promoting of a “partnership” with any other SCYSA clubs.

Is there a difference between "partnership" and "alliance"?

From the Bridge FA website...

Club Structure

Bridge FA represents an alliance between area soccer clubs which will provide opportunities for the top tier (challenge-level) players at each alliance member club to train and compete together.

Because the motivation for the club itself stems from a desire to "include" everyone in the area, an invitation was extended to all local clubs to join the Bridge FA Alliance. One of the founding principles of the alliance is that member clubs will not offer Challenge or higher-level teams at their respective clubs and instead will serve as a feeder program for the BRIDGE FA which will begin training and competition for players in the U-13 age group for both boys and girls. This will allow players at the younger age groups to continue to have the opportunity to develop and train at their local club without having to travel outside of their community. Then, as competition and development requirements become more demanding at the older ages, that is when these players will unite under BRIDGE FA.

The alliance was formally created when the executive boards of SSC and JIYSC agreed to move forward. An open invitation has been extended to the other clubs in the area, but all players are always welcome to tryout for a chance to play for BRIDGE FA - regardless of former club or city of residence. It is only together, that any of us can hope to compete at the highest levels.

Summerville Soccer Club and James Island Youth Soccer joined the Bridge Futbol Alliance after recognizing that there was a group of players that could not be fully developed within the current structure. SSC and JIYSC are very proud of our ability to develop players from recreation, through classic, and into challenge play. However, there is a level of play and development, that can only be reached by players routinely training and playing with the best players in the area. Bridge FA, provides an avenue for these players to continue their personal development. Further, Bridge FA, allows SSC and JIYSC to independently operate and service a community based soccer program for the Summerville area and James Island. The combined clubs and Bridge FA working cooperatively can now provide the most comprehensive soccer development for players from the Summerville and James Island area. Both are proud to be a charter member of the Bridge Futbol Alliance

Darren Sweet, VP SSC & Dan Morrison, VP JIYSC

S
coach
coach
S
GVLSoccerDad: I can't imagine that the SCYSA would allow an "alliance" and not a "partnership" -- if they did, all CESA and CRSA would have to do would be to rebrand their "partnership" an "alliance."

If the SCYSA isn't going to let clubs work together to help underpriviledged/at risk kids, it's hard to believe that they're going to allow clubs to work together to serve elite players. But then again, the SCYSA seems to be full of surprises these days!

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard