socdad: Thank you. In reading your postings in the past, you've appeared to me to be one of those folks that found fault with CESA but never with your particular club. At times, it felt like you were hurling insults but when questioned about the merits of your accusations that you would never respond. It's refreshing when you get on and slam your own club like this.

I was disappointed that Greensboro pulled its two teams out as well. But what I was really disappointed in was the fact that almost none of the non-CESA teams going to regionals from South Carolina bothered to sign up to play against SC or GA ODP and club teams.

Why do I care? Well...if Greensboro wants to screw around and be unprepared for possible regional play, then I actually don't care. However, given SC's track record in regional play I'd hope for a bit more...well, effort...from coaches getting teams ready to face the very best in Region III.

Now...maybe I'm wrong and these teams heading to regionals are in the midst of two-a-day and even three-a-day practices getting ready for regionals. I've seen how hard the Aiken Fire used to work to get prepared -- and I know how hard the CESA teams work. I just hope that we don't have a bunch of teams getting ready for huge negative goal differentials yet again.

In terms of the ethical recruiting you saw...please, give us details -- which coaches, which players, and so on. I actually know of 5-6 cases where kids came up to coaches and asked about playing on CESA teams -- and the coaches then went and got permission from the SCYSA representatives on site to speak to the kid -- even though it is "open season" [as you so quaintly put it.] Is that what you're talking about -- or was it something darker and more nefarious that perhaps you'd like to describe in more detail?