Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Liverpool today completed the signing of Craig Bellamy. Looks like Crouch may struggle to get in the Liverpool team next year, coming behind Fowler, Bellamy and Cisse in leg plaster and on crutches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched an Eriksson press conference this morning and the idiot is actually contemplating playing Rooney as a lone striker against Ecuador. The guy is still struggling for fitness even with a strike partner and this fool thinks he can flourish in a lone striker role, what a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Eriksson is also talking about pairing Rooney with either Cole or Gerrard as well.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
The scary part is that he is also talking about Rooney and Crouch. If he does that he might as well play Owen.!!!!!!!!!!!!

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Yes, I agree about the way that United plays and how England is not playing that way at all. BUT, the whole point is, with the strengths that England has (Whether of not you view them as strengths) in Beckham and Cole's crossing abilities, Crouch is a very dangerous weapon who 90% of defenses in the World Cup cannot hang on to. I think Defoe would have been a much smarter choice then Walcott to have as a possibility, but go with what you have, Play Crouch and England will do well.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
How quickly can England naturalize Tevez and Messi? They are in Germany and they're not doing anything.....sitting on Argentina's bench. Any chance they were born in The Falklands?

Bazza......warm up to Crouch.

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
I guess Sweden are in the 10% of defenses that CAN hang on to Crouch. Argentina or Holland will be able to make him look like the amatuer he is.
Cole is not there for his crosses! Beckham is and he is not producing them. All English newspapers are today asking the question: should a player get in the team just for his ability to hit a dead ball?? The answer is no and he's not even doing that very well.
Hurst66: I'll warm to Crouch when he gives me something to get excited about. I see you ignored my offer of a wager should we get to the final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Bazza, we don't need to discuss that wager until England are in the final. We'll revisit this at that time. Good luck!

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Hurst66: I think Crouch had his best game yet against Ecuador.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Bazza,

The England offensive juggernaut was in full force with Crouch on the bench Sunday. Do you really think they would have fared any worse with the Bean Pole paired up top with Rooney? Thank God for your boy Beckham. Had Sven left him on the bench, England would have fallen on PK's.

When is Frank Lampard going to score a goal?

B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
Hurst66: In my humble opinion, if we had played 4-4-2 with Cole and Rooney partnered up front and Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick and Lennon in the middle we would have easily scored a couple from regular play.
Yes, Beckham scored a great goal, but he did little else and the debate will continue about whether or not you can reserve a place on a team for someone who does that and only that. Given that he hasn't done that for 15 months the answer has to be no.
Lampard will score before the end of the Cup, if England go all the way. That is entirely up to Eriksson, becuase if he plays 4-5-1 again we will lose to Portugal.
Two questions for you:
What more does Lennon have to do to show he is worthy of a starting spot?
Would you have subbed Beckham at the point in the game when he was stood with his hands on his knees puking a couple of minutes after he scored.?
For him to say, as he did later, that he was dehydrated before the game makes me wonder what the hell the training staff are up to.??

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard