I think this is a tremendous idea!!

However, I think that if we limit participation to one or the other, then we will diminish the lustre of both. Why not establish two different sets of people/coaches to select each? A group of coaches, along with the North/South Director, could select and run that event. Then another group of coaches, possibly the more experienced and recognizable coaches, could select and run the SC/Ga All-Star game.

Also, if the SC/Ga game comes to fruition, why not open up the North/South to all classes instead of just seniors? Maybe the North/South game could be any player but the SC/Ga game could be only seniors and if a player is slected to both, then that is just another straw in their hat, so to speak.

Since I live in Charleston, I am partial to Blackbaud, especially since we are losing the McDonald's game. In any case, this should be a rotating game. A year at Blackbaud, a year at Clemson/Furman, a year in southern Georgia, a year in northern Georgia, and then repeat the rotation.

In any case, if you limit players to participating in either the North/South game or the SC/Ga game AND limit both games to only seniors, then you dilute the talent pool and thus the quality of the game for each. In order to keep both games fresh and at a high quality, you have to open one of them up to all classes and allow players selected to both games to play in both. I feel that if you allow players from any class to play in at least one of the games, then you are only going to see about 5-6 players on both teams, and if they're that good, then they deserve both accolades.