Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#7064 05/12/02 02:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good call mr cates. i agree. but i dont think BC has a good coach either. i would love to be able to play club at the same time as high school or even in place of high school. it certainly hurts the level of play in SC. if we dont want to be the laughing stock of the US as one of the worst state something has to change

#7065 05/13/02 04:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all, how many times do club players cry when they lose a match? Mostly never. Most players who play HS and have lost a big game to a rival, etc.. cry because the emotion involved when you play with your friends and in front of your friends. Yes, club is a higher caliber, but HS developes the PRESON AND THE PLAYER. Club is good but I think that most players wouldn't want to stop playing HS because it makes them feel good. Club is so political and elitest that even if you play, it's just not as special. Besides, most of the good club coaches are VERY successful HS coaches.

If you are a talented player then you will play in college no matter how good or bad your HS team is. You don;t need dual participation to get you noticed--hello, it's been working fine for everybody in the state for a long time!

#7066 05/13/02 05:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I liked club and high school both equally. Club was fun for me because you play with guys that are the same age as you and become great friends with players from other schools. Tournaments were some of the best times in my life!! High school is great because you are sometimes representing up to 2000 students...while you are also representing your soccer community. It's real cool to be like big brothers to the younger kids on the team too. Looking out for them at school, giving advice...kind of like a fraternity. When most of us were younger, we would go to the high school games and dream of playing for the school one day. In 20 years, if someone mentioned a classic team...i'd probably be like..who?...but if someone said they were on the Summerville '99 team...we'll have some history to talk about. I think i need to go to sleep....I'm not sure ya'll will understand what I'm trying to get accross here. I'm not even sure what I'm trying to get accross now. Knibb High Football rules!

I do believe club is the way to get discovered though!

#7067 05/13/02 08:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
soccrfan ,
I hate to tell you but i can bet everyone that plays college has at some point played club soccer.

I know that i like playing highschool soccer because it is with my friends and we have traditional rivalries. Another thing about highschool is that there are more teams and i like the playoffs. Highschool is just fun but i don't feel like i am improving over the season.I enjoy club more because i know that i am getting better and that the team i am with is better. I just like playing with people who challenge me and push me to be better. That is what club is all about , getting better and playing at a higher level. There is no better way to develop your skills than playing club. I am currently trying to get all the young kids on my highschool team to try out for a club team so they will get better. If you want your kid to get the most out of soccer , start him/her in club as soon as possible. Growing up in the club system is an irreplaceable thing.

#7068 05/13/02 09:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say that high school ball is much more fun. The emotion invoved throughout the whole season is awesome. It's hard to concentrate in school cuz your so excited to play in a game that night under the lights in front of your school and community. In high school ball, you are representing something,your playing for your school, and i dont know about the rest of you, but i take pride in my school.
-houdy

#7069 05/14/02 06:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To PHS---I'm not saying that club is useless or that good players don't play. I'm just saying that it should definitely co-exist with HS. I don't know what HS you went to but at mine, everyone developed their skills over the season just as much as in club. You can't tell me that at IRMO, RV, SV, Wando, etc... that skills aren't developed. I think everyone from those teams would tell you that.

To Huudda----My thoughts exactly. You just don't get that feeling in club.

Club and HS have their own benefits and players should experience both. Neither one is better or worse--they just provide different experiences.

#7070 05/14/02 07:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see what you are saying soccerfan. It is just my experience that highschool has no comparison to club as far as getting better. I go to Pendleton Highschool , and i really like our coach and he does a good job. It is just that when i am playing club the kids push you more so you are forced to get better. I do like Playing highschool soccer , don't get me wrong, it is just that i enjoy being challenged at club.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard