>>[Beezer] Being able to play both club and high school at the same time is not an answer because, physically and psychologically, the better players will not be 100% when they arrive to training. Again, the club environment should be the best with the best at 100%.

The point is, again, development to be a better soccer country! The best players playing as much as possible to give the United States a chance to improve on the world stage.<<

I get it now. You want to put kids into a system and tell them what to do and what not to do (e.g., when to practice, how much to practice, and the like.)

I'm coming from it completely differently. I'd rather there be choice out there and have the individuals involved make the decision so as to optimize what they want out of soccer.

Your system might work better for your goal of making the United States men's team more competitive in the World Cup...I don't know.

Top-down societies, and systems, always seem better on paper than they actually do in real life. Millions of kids and parents, making millions of decisions to optimize their life and their experience within the framework of choice, tends to operate more successfully in most realms. Maybe soccer just isn't one of those...