>>[purpleandyellow] setting aside that i may have been called a BAD marxist—i sincerely believe, all, that soccer and sports matter way too much to be a carrot, a lure—i also KNOW that an education matters too much to be taken lightly or given lip-service just so johnny or jane can play soccer in HS or college—<<

Actually, this is a great point. You've persuaded me. From a sports-perspective, you're absolutely right. I came up playing football and was shocked when I began understanding this whole high school/club duality thing in soccer. But the more I think about it, the cleaner the soccer approach is.

>>and since this is scsoccer.com and not scschols.com—i am making the case that disassociating sports from schools would benefit SPORTS—and i stand firmly by that assertion—<<

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

I find the school stuff so interesting I looked at it from that perspective instead of the sports perspective. You're absolutely right -- wrong message board for that.

>>thanks, chico, for the topic!—although you do realize that now that you have mentioned gates this thread is being monitored. .<<

Actually, it was Beezer and you who started all of this -- thank you for raising it -- the most interesting thing on here for a while! [But then again, I'm a sucker for school-related stuff.]