>>[soccer40] far as the cant afford it. there are kids whos family cant afford playing on a club no matter what anyone says.sometimes parents give time that is unwanted.im not sure what you mean about the t-shirt deal.
maybe i am just a little dumb but i know you are not comparing club fees that people are willing to pay to a t-shirt with ricky bobby on the back.<<

I apologize that I wasn't clear. Here's what I'm wondering. If you took the club fees to $0, could you get a club team created in your area for at least one team (a U18G recreation or classic team, for example)?

Here's a "club fee" breakdown. The SCYSA will allow clubs with less than 100 people (you don't get a vote, but that's not a big deal), so the SCYSA isn't going to get in the way. You can have all volunteers in the club, so there are no salaries. The T-shirt reference was meant that you don't have to spend a lot of money on a uniform -- the Aiken Fire used T-shirts at this years regionals and it was the players in the T-shirts you noticed, not the T-shirts themselves. Thus, the only "club fees" would be associated with SCYSA registration and league participation -- so you're talking $10-$20 per player -- and quite often you can find a sponsor to pay that couple of hundred bucks.

Now...I'm not trying to downplay the fact that it's a tremendous amount of work for some volunteers...all I'm really asking is if people cared enough to do this then could you draw enough players or are the "club fee" costs really the issue or is it that kids/parents just don't care enough? I'm just wondering -- club costs and getting more kids playing soccer are interests of mine.