i think i have mentioned this before—but part of my reasoning has grown from teaching a soccer player from london—he gave me the impression that in england the school-sports connections do not exist—maybe i am wrong about that—he also strongly associated that concept with the US alone—and he made some good arguments in an education course that the connection was ill-founded—

i also need to add that my daughter LOVES her high school team, her high school teammates, and representing her school—it is clearly a different feel in some ways than her club experience—although she has a bond with the club group that is much deeper than friendship—as well as having incredible relationships with several club coaches who will be important in her life for years to come—i don't want to sound as if i am trashing the value of high school sports—i simply am suggesting that it is a poor dynamic for sport and school—not necessarily for the players and coaches—

and, chico—i am bleeding out my eyes from the strain of NOT continuing on the school stuff—i could discuss such all day!—i was joshing a bit—but thought the soccer folk here may not enjoy those topics as much as you and i—:)

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.