Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#72382 09/06/06 04:44 PM
L
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
I'm just wondering. What do people think are the criteria used for group placement at the Disney Soccer Showcase? Do they go strictly by information submitted on applications, results that have occured only up until time of application? Do they look at same team last year results at Disney? Do they look at this past summer's USYSA Regionals Results, Nationals Results? Do they account for more recent results that occured after applications have already been submitted such as Region Premier League play, or tournament results that take place after applications have been submitted?
I've looked on the Disney Soccer Showcase website and see nothing that addresses this subject.

coach
coach
Like most high quality tournaments you can be assured that the first priority placement criteria is how a team did in the 2005 Showcase. The successful teams with 2 or more wins usually will be placed back in Showcase bracket. If you win one or none, its down to Predator or Copa. As for new teams, most start out in Copa. If you are a state Champ and premier level, usually you can start in Predator, but possibly Showcase if you have done very well in premier, regionally or nationally.

L
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
The u15-u18 Boys Flights are posted.

Last edited by sbs; 11/02/06 07:20 PM.
L
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L

J
Brace
Brace
J
I have reffed quite a few of the teams from IL and IN this year. The weird part is that they don't have a dual participation rule here in IL, so most of the club teams this fall haven't been playing. I have done a lot of the girls club games though. If you are able to go and see the Chicago Magic U-18 team play, they are pretty good. I did them in a championship game here in IL this year, and they dominated the other team. I am pretty sure that they won State Cup here in IL, but I didn't do that game. Should be a good tournament to go see some great soccer at!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
L
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
L
The girls' flights are posted. Speaking of the u15G-u18G, looks like CESA's girls' teams went from last year having 1 in Predator, and the rest in Copa groups, to this year having 1 in Showcase and the rest in Predator groups. A nice improvement in terms of getting some respect, in my opinion.
http://adisneyworldsports.disney.go.com/media/dwws_v0220/en_US/pdf/SoccerShowcaseGirlsFlights.pdf

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
I think it would be great for South Carolina to have any of these teams to have a great showing in the Nation's BEST tournament. I was also looking at the U15 Boys bracket and the Columbia United FC team is in the showcase flight with many national powers should be interesting to see how they do. CESA U16 boys are also in the showcase and I think they have a shot at winning that after such a great season in R3PL.

S
coach
coach
S
>>[Beezer] WAGS, CASL, Disney and PDA are the top events for quality and quantity and are not overrated. The reason very low numbers of SC teams are there is because 1) they don't get in or 2) get placed in low brackets, CESA included.<<

sbs: Isn't it amazing that CESA's girls are playing Showcase and Predator and yet we've got "Beezer" telling us how CESA can't get into these tournaments or are placed in low brackets?

Fascinating, huh? It does somewhat call into question "Beezer"'s understanding of the landscape of women's soccer when he discounted CESA's explanation that it thought that WAGS and CASL were overrated and that the club was going to go to other tournaments.

One great thing about a message board -- when you're demonstrably wrong, it is pretty clear -- at least after a while.

world cup
world cup
Chico,

I'm surprised you didn't ask coladad to define "BEST". Are WAGS and Surf Cup chopped liver?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66: Last time I looked, WAGS was nationally ranked as #9 (Disney was #1) in terms of girls points.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard