They normally field one team per age group with the exception with the youngest girls that fielded two teams...
I am sure that the state would like to have a hundred girls to choose from...This is why they held the clinic's to encourage kids to come out...Last year there was thirty six girls that came out for the 92s and from what I heard there was around fourty one this year and only two of those were goalies..Most of the fourty one where ones that had played or tried out previously so they know what they are getting from previous players...That does not mean that some that had made it in the past will make the team again and there could be new players that impressed the evaluators...I would guess that they would take around thirty six to fourty players to sub regions and cut that number to eighteen players and four or five alternates after region play...I did not mean to say that if you played last year for the state that those kids are automatically in...I am saying that last years numbers and this years number are about the same so I would expect that returning players would fill alot of the spots on the team...If we had a hundred kids come out then we could probably fill two or three teams like North Carolina and Georgia