What would you have me do Coach P? Do you want me to get down and beg for forgiveness for making a blanket statement like that? You have proved my point by the above quote....you can't have 4 of their 5 players offsides without a ball being passed to them. It's as simple as that. If you look at scotland's origional post, it was full of the blame game with the referees rather than the possibility that it was a good play and the AR was in the correct position to make the call, and the center made the correct call by allowing play to continue. His post was full of victimization and condemnation rather than hey, our defense just made a mistake and stepped up a split second too late for the trap to work. I get so tired of hearing all the same crap when I am refereeing or even watching a game for enjoyment. The fans can be so ignorant sometimes. Then again you can have a bad referee that seems to not know the rules either. I would doubt that anybody would use a bad referee in a state cup final game. Here in IL the top referees that are at least 5's or 4's are used in those games. I would assume that that is the same for SC state cup finals matches.

You also need to understand "in the opinion of the referee". Since I am a referee in my opinion I deemed that there was no inteference in relation to this example

As for this topic...you may not agree with what I said, oh well. I don't know what you point is by continuing to attack me. I have not attacked you. Do you know this scotland character? Just let it go, I wasn't that rude, his statement was pretty out there. I am not going to comment on this any further.

Last edited by Soccerboy; 12/30/06 06:07 PM.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....