Well, forget YC for a second, 'cause my point is more than that.

Do you look at how things are and try to build on the status quo? I would think this is what Chico referred to as incrementalism.

Or, do you scrap what you have and throw away the roadmap....and start all over.

Who woulda thunk a few years ago......that St Giles and GFC would merge and change the landscape of SC soccer? Who'd a thunk....that a year later a different model named Bridge would spring up in a different part of the State?

I'm simply saying.....that the potential is there in all the places I named......to do what CESA has done. For all their talk of bringing in players from outside of the GSP area, understand that those teams are still overwhelmingly populated by kidd from the GSP area. They have outperformed Columbia and Charleston because of better organization and vision. No magic....nothing in the water.

So go back to Chico's stated desire which is getting more kids playing soccer and developing more top level players as a by product of that......its like in manufacturing: you don't PUSH a product thru.....you PULL it thru.

Top down focus on the process will produce the same results. Then 5-6 years from now....maybe SC will have 1/2 the players in NC and not 20% as many.