Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Keeperdad #76639 02/20/07 10:29 PM
goal
goal
Great rule, but it's always nice to have a back-up plan. Especially, if it's not just the child, but the parent who also wants to move.

In this case, the Bridge Team is playing at a higher level, something the Mt. Pleasant team cannot offer at this time.

Hmmmm....if only Mt. Pleasant had joined the alliance, this might not be an issue....

Belligerent #76640 02/22/07 03:31 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Again, I enjoy not spending the energy on this regularly.

Don't talk about it being about the kids when all I see are parent, coach and club officials in this thread.

Reason for transfer rule is to protect a team that has established its roster, budget and makes plans based on that roster.

And if you do not think that asking players to guest play in a tournament and then somehow that player all of the sudden wants to transfer to the team he 'guested' for , you head is in the clouds, sand, etc. Recruiting pure and simple.

My orignal point about failure of a merger is basic sales :
if your product isn't being bought by your target audience - don't blame the buyer - fix the product.

Last edited by swimmer2; 02/22/07 07:06 PM.
swimmer2 #76641 02/22/07 04:15 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Swimmer2...I totally agree with the last statement
As far as the transfer rule...so the player sits out for a month and makes the move anyway..Does not help the prior teams budget..I think that if a player moves that the parents should have to pay the fees that are due the prior team so the budget holds up. Maybe that would deter the parents from moving their child..Having to pick up the costs for two teams could be expensive...No players or kids in this thread because their way is paid...no matter who they play for..The only problem I see them having is to sit out a month of soccer...Player development?

swimmer2 #76642 02/22/07 04:16 PM
S
goal
goal
S
It's all CESA's fault! If they didn't take Tega Cay's star players thus causing Tega Cay to bow out of Premier play and therefore by default giving Bridge the opportunity to play Premier we wouldn't be having this discussion. The "evil empire" stikes again.

Really I just wanted to get everyone fired up with those CESA comments! Again, I think CESA was correct in their approach. My understanding of the rule previously posted still allows the transfer to take place just not for 30 days. If Bridge or the players are upset about a couple of games being missed then they should have evaluated that when making their respective decisions.

Are the kids playing for Bridge now? What positions do they play? Are they good enough to be starters?

Soccer16 #76643 02/22/07 04:27 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Do not know for sure...but I think the 30 days are about up. they missed two games last weekend. they will get plenty of soccer having to play both leagues..Do not know what positions they play or whether they will start..Players were picked up due to the low numbers on the team not to stack the team..the coach plays everybody..He is truly about player development

Soccer16 #76644 02/22/07 04:27 PM
world cup
world cup
It's Tega Cay's fault for not providing a competitive product that would keep the local kid home. Don't blame CESA for building a better mouse trap.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #76645 02/22/07 04:52 PM
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Gasp.......

Hurst, has Chico hijacked your user id?

Big Daddy #76646 02/22/07 05:44 PM
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Gasp.......

Hurst, has Chico hijacked your user id?

we better call "CSI" for a full investigation.

Hard Headed #76647 02/22/07 06:16 PM
world cup
world cup
Call a spade a spade. Chico and I can debate the pros and cons of premier level soccer and the super clubs that dominate the landscape. I've said before that what is good for the goose might not be good for the gander.

But I'm not going to knock CESA for building a highly-competitive program that continues to attract the top players in the state (and surrounding area). Bridge and CUFC are making strides to serve this market as well.

Many factors go into a family's (parent & player) decision to make this type of a commitment. If they are OK with it, and the kid has the talent (not sitting on the bench).....go for it. I've seen kids get into it for the long haul and do very well with the challenging environment. I've seen kids (or families) decide that the commitment is too much and they have returned back to their local club, often times better players than when they left.

To each his own....the opportunity is there. But the CESA commitment is certainly harder on the York County player/family than it is on their counterparts in the Greenville/Spartanburg area.

Good luck to Ricky & David and the CESA 92's.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Hurst66 #76648 02/22/07 07:29 PM
goal
goal
swimmer, you won't see kids on here (for the most part), because this is BORING to them. They want to play, while the adults want to TALK about playing. If you have your own children, this should not come as a big surprise. If this IS a surprise to you, then maybe your head is also somewhere it should not be.

Like CHT mentioned, thirty days is not really a very long time, and won't help protect anybody's budget. I am thinking there must be another reason, just not sure what.

Players guest for other teams all the time - my son has. Was the coach of the other team trying to lure us over to his team? Who cares? They needed a couple extra players, and it was a great opportunity for my son to play. End of story. Just because a player transfers to a team after guesting with them does not mean there is something sinister going on.

I disagree with you about your merger and sales philosophy, though – at least, as it pertains to soccer clubs. I don’t believe that MPSC not joining the Bridge FA has anything to do with a substandard product. I believe it has everything to do with the egos of several influential people who are able to argue their point well enough to the rest of the decision-makers in Mt. Pleasant, that no move to join is ever taken.

These egos East of the Cooper, for some reason, feel that they are able to provide the best product possible without anyone else’s help. Don’t get me wrong – MPSC has great facilities, great people, and a great program, as long as you aren’t interested in success at the higher levels of soccer. I believe the past couple years prove me out on this point.

If the egos actually wanted to be successful at the higher levels, but do not like the Bridge concept, or even the Bridge administration, then why have they not come up with their own plan? Simple – they don’t really care. They want to provide the best product for the masses. If you want something higher, well, you are just out of luck.

Hurst, sorry, but I have to disagree with you, also. I have absolutely no idea what Tega Cay has or has not done to “build a better mouse trap,” but I believe in numbers. Sure, you will always have some team, somewhere, who is able to succeed against the odds, but in general, your better teams are going to come from areas with larger populations. IF, again for the most part, those larger cities are able to unify, e.g., Greenville/CESA, Raleigh/CASL.

If you are not able to unify the larger cities, then you have only mildly successful programs, e.g., Columbia/CSC/NECSA, Charleston/MPSC/SSC.
(yes, I realize CSC and NECSA combined)

With Charlotte - and its own programs – directly to the North, Tega Cay – with nearby cities Rock Hill and hmmm…..Lancaster? Chester? York? They just are not able to compete.

The Bridge is slowly gaining numbers from the Mt. Pleasant area, but until the higher-ups at MPSC lose their egos, it might forever only be a trickle.

Whew! Sorry about that – got stuck up on my soapbox there for a minute.

As luck would have it, the 30-day waiting period for the two players in question is now a moot point. I take that back – luck had nothing to do with it; the squeaky wheel had everything to do with it. From what I understand, one of the top rung at MPSC finally got sick of being bombarded from all sides regarding the issue and relented. Thanks!

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard