Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
coldhardtruth #76659 02/22/07 09:21 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I still feel that a merger between all Charleston area clubs would be the best solution...Not just challenge but classic and one recreation program as well.

fan01 #76660 02/22/07 09:22 PM
corner kick
corner kick
I know Mt. Pleasant has a very promising group of young girls in the U10 Academy group who'll age up to whatever system is in place for U11 top tier teams. As long as the club doesn't aggravate the parents any more than it already has some of them, MPSC should field one or two very good teams in the '96 age group. The '95 age group wasn't ever very impressive, if I remember correctly. Many still had problems with some of the rudimentary skills even as they aged into select, so I'd imagine that the club of choice for that age group might be Bridge, if it shows better promise.

Otherwise, I don't know much else.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
CUSC..Andy does an excellent job working with girls

coldhardtruth #76662 02/22/07 10:12 PM
goal
goal
Hurst, I don’t believe I said that “Mt. Pleasant's competitive program is dead.” If it came across that way, I apologize. Comparing the success of Mt. Pleasant’s more competitive teams against CESA (and the rest of the state) now versus the success they had several years ago, I am thinking you will see a clear downturn. Yes, they may have a successful team thrown in there on occasion, but I don’t believe you will see their name in the win columns nearly as often as in the past.

And, I think you might have misunderstood me a tad regarding populations. Being a 4-A school, while that may qualify you as having a certain number of students, certainly does not mean that you will have a strong soccer program. Examples: Stratford, Berkeley (I think), Ft. Dorchester, etc. Also, Blythewood is one of the quickest growing areas in SC, but I don’t ever remember reading anything about an up-and-coming soccer program there. I was talking more about large metropolitan areas – Atlanta, Raleigh, Greenville, etc.

Belligerent #76663 02/22/07 10:22 PM
goal
goal
And, swimmer, you may be absolutely correct about the biggest ego in SC being currently located in Summerville, but at least that ego has a vision and is actually DOING something constructive towards making this area more competitive with the CESA's of the world.

I wish I could say the same about certain persons in Mt. Pleasant.

Belligerent #76664 02/22/07 11:09 PM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
It's not an ego if an individual has a strong vision towards bettering development and the situation down in the Lowcountry.

The ego down in the Lowcountry preventing a working relationship between Bridge FA and Mt. Pleasant seems to be the non-soccer decision maker(s) at the MPRD, who make all soccer decisons for it's figurehead club, MPSC, and it's figurehead DOC.

For those not familiar with the structure down in Mt. Pleasant: RD is Recreation Dept. and SC is Soccer Club and, yes, the non-soccer "rec" administrator(s) make most of the soccer decisions, including to not discuss, negotiate or even consider any relationship with Bridge FA.

So down in the Lowcountry, who has the ego? A driven soccer coach who has developed many youth players, clubs and programs? Or a non-soccer Recreation Dept. administrator(s) with not one soccer interest to benefit youth soccer players and their development?

Looks like CESA is in good shape vs. the one area of the State that could organize and compete if they got their ducks in a row.

Beezer #76665 02/22/07 11:48 PM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The question is how long is it going to be before CESA starts offering training here in the lowcountry...more and more players are making that move to the evil empire..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 02/22/07 11:49 PM.
coldhardtruth #76666 02/23/07 01:40 AM
corner kick
corner kick
With some of the local animosity between players, parents, and coaches of MPSC and BFA, I wouldn't be surprised if CESA came in and did well if only by providing a club that wasn't involved in the "cat fight," so to speak.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Kitten...you hit the nail on the head..Players and parents are going to look for something different or new...and if we can't all come together then you can count on CESA helping us out and giving the disgruntled another choice..
They pick up more players each season so why not hire some soccer professionals and find a location to practice and add to the evil red empire

coldhardtruth #76668 02/23/07 01:57 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Those would be the requirements: local coaches and fields to play on. I don't doubt that they could find enough good coaches as, at least at MPSC, a lot of good coaches have been turned off by the management of the club (including myself) and would be more than happy to pick up again. The question would be where to play more than anything. Otherwise, the CESA reputation over MPSC and BFA would be an instant draw as something "new" and established, to a degree.

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard