Print Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
soccerclan #76759 05/14/07 01:04 AM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
soccerclan,
Parents that feel that a complete merger should happen should attend board meetings in numbers and demand that this situation should be worked out...Not just MPSC..Every club in the lowcountry should be bombarded by parents wanting to see one club in the lowcountry..These are our clubs and unless they feel a foot in their back then it will be business as usual and three DOCs will be left with fighting over who is going to be in charge..When in reality the clubs and parents who support these clubs should be making the call on our soccer's future here in the lowcountry

coldhardtruth #76760 05/14/07 01:06 AM
C
Goal
OP Offline
Goal
C
Does anybody have any insight into MPSC pulling all their teams out of LSYSA for next year? This is a rumor I heard but I hae not confirmed it.

coldhardtruth #76761 05/14/07 01:27 AM
S
bench
bench
S
CHT-since you are talking about a small number that is interested in challenge/elite soccer, I don't know where the bombarding #'s will come from. Since they are a small %, I don't get why it's such a community club sacrifice to unite these players at BFA.
At our club, just asking questions makes you a pariah. In all the years we've been there, I've never seen a public posting of board meetings. Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it. Perhaps I could get current BFA parents interested in attending these meetings, also.

Chantman #76762 05/14/07 01:28 AM
S
bench
bench
S
BFADAD-why would they do that?

soccerclan #76763 05/14/07 01:37 AM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
soccerclan,
Let's not limit a merger to just challenge and elite..I would like to see classic programs brought together also..this would help eliminate the problems clubs have fielding teams when some players are moved up to challenge..I have seen several teams come to an end due to numbers..If there was a complete merger then we would not have to turn away those eight ladies that want to play soccer but cannot find players within their one club..There are alot more classic parents that I believe would like to see this happen

coldhardtruth #76764 05/14/07 01:47 AM
S
bench
bench
S
Right,I agree all the select levels would need to be included to best serve all the players in the lowcountry. I just gathered from the discussion that BFA only wants Challenge and Premier?

Beezer #76765 05/14/07 02:08 AM
S
bench
bench
S
Beezer,
So who's development plan are the Bridge following, the Argentines, Italians?

"You think Brazilians, Argentinians and Italians are worrying a whole lot about child psychology when they are signing players at 11, 12 and 13 years of age and, in some cases, relocating them from home?"

How sad! I am confused, are you saying that we shouldn't worry about child psychology?
I think you will find that most countries don't relocate until they are youth players, which is considered U15. What country are you refering too? I remember reading, on the NSCAA web page, that it was at U15.
I grew up and have been educated from more than one country. I would hope the American education I have been given will better serve Americans children and their culture. I think the US game has advanced in many ways and has something to offer the rest of the soccer world; coaching education being one of them. It's great that the US game gets the flavor of so many cultures, through immigration, that's what this counrty is built on. Maybe this mixture of philosophies could also be what's holding the US back? If we could all follow US recomendations then maybe we are part of the development plan.
It would be sad to think that people are not following the directions of the experts that are guiding US soccer and following what they consider appropriate. I know no club is following US Soccer's, "Guide to Best Coaching Practices"....which uses information from other countries.

"And, thanks for mentioning that how business is conducted is more important then player development. If you don't like it, take all those upset adults with you and step aside and let the players still get what they deserve."

The business is player development
Sounds like they will "get what they deserve", good luck with that.

soccer guru #76766 05/14/07 02:17 AM
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
There are many ways to skin a cat but I'm guessing you're a coach with an accent making a living in America.

Let's continue this personal discussion in Private Messages to one another.

soccer guru #76767 05/14/07 02:18 AM
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
clan,
you are correct..BFA is only challenge but could they not be part of a lowcountry merger? Afterall they do field classic teams at u12...I want one club for the lowcoutry with everyone involved..Challenge...Classic and REC
Let's start developing players from the ground up and make sure they have a place to play...One tryout..One club

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 05/14/07 02:23 AM.
coldhardtruth #76768 05/14/07 03:55 AM
corner kick
corner kick
Someone was asking about MPSC and LSYSA league. I don't have the official answer, but having coached U9/U10 LSYSA and having a sister on the U14 team, I can make an educated guess.

There were only two or three teams in the U14 bracket last year, so the teams played each other every weekend with generally the same result. This was neither fun nor productive for the girls and I know they and a lot of parents as well as the coach complained about it.

At the younger level that I coached, there were multiple teams, but the MPSC teams almost consistently beat their opponents by at least 3 goals, if not more, with the exception of a James Island Red team that was on par with MPSC. The players, coaches, and parents all agreed that it was not helping player development and not providing any sort of challenge to make the players work harder.

If these same problems held true in other age groups and for the boys, I am not surprised at all that they broke ties with LSYSA. Otherwise, I have no idea why they're no longer playing.

On a side note, I have a question for the other clubs. I was looking at the MPSC coaching staff and many of the coaches are listed as head coaches for more than one team, usually two, but sometimes even three teams. Back when I played, it was customary for each coach to work full time with one team and move up with them. Jarrett Smith was "our" coach, Kara Slick and her husband had the Ice.

Is the multiple team trend occurring in other clubs as well and I'm just out of the loop? I know MPSC has other willing and perfectly able coaches to take on some of the teams, but aren't being allowed to.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard