I'm not sure if the effect of playing both school and U13-U14 club soccer in the Spring is the same all over the state, but here are some of the things that effect us in the Richland/Lexington county area:

- 7th and 8th graders are allowed to play varsity at the SCISA schools: Cardinal Newman, Hammond, and Heathwood Hall.
- 7th and 8th graders are allowed to play JV at the Richland 1, Lexington/Richland 5, and all Lexington County School Districts.
- 7th and 8th graders in Richland 2 are not allowed to play JV if their middle school has a team. I believe all of the Richland 2 middle schools have both boys and girls teams. The middle schools involved are Blythewood, Dent, E L Wright, Kelly Mill, Summitt.

Very interesting and complex when you are coaching a team affected by all of the above. My team has players from 10 different schools in all 3 of the above situations. Those on the middle school teams are least affected. They have games at 3:00 PM and have no conflicts with club team practices. Those playing JV and Varsity have mid-week games at night which conflict with traditional club practice times. Makes for quite a juggling act.