futbol,

How does my arguement not make sense? What you said is exactly what I explained as my point.

The point of my entire arguement was that there should not be a full on ban against being able to play at a higher level due to age, but that it should be left up to the parents to decide whether or not to allow their child to go out for a team (risk, skill, travel, money, other factors) and up to the coaches to decide whether or not the player is capable of participating with the team (skill, attitude, personality, etc.). That allows the exceptions to play up and those who cannot to play in their own age groups because they will not be selected for the older team.

My bringing up the size with regards to age was simply to point out that an arguement purely against size was not infallible being that pure size differential exists at any age. I felt it served as a point that such a strict delineation could not properly serve players or teams and that it should be left, as I said, to the parents as to whether to allow the children to play up or not and to the coaches as to whether or not they select them for the team.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.