Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I am most likely not very knowlegeable of the difference in HS rules vs club....but

Team A has a breakaway, Team B player tracksdown Team A player and attempts to stop the breakaway from behind with slide tackle. This results on team A and B players sprawled on the ground, however another Team A player collects the ball and is now 1 on 1 with GK.

What should the call be? I like to hear your opinions....I'll give you mine

Advantage Team A, wait for result of breakaway, come back to Team B player and issue a red card.

The actual call of the game it happened in:

Blow the play dead, give free kick to Team A issue a yellow to Team B player. After many parental concerns, AR offers this statement to calm everyone down...."He has to stop the play", we said no, repeats "he has to stop the play". Is there a rule?

goal kick
goal kick
Bob W

How do you feel about coachs turning in score sheets for referees after every game. Simple catagories like "knows rules of the game" or "game management and flow" on scales of 1-10.

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
J
Brace
Brace
J
for somebody getting pulled down from behind, here is what I would call.

It depends if there is another defender in the area getting ready to prevent an uncontested go at the keeper. If that was the only defender in the area, I would give a quick look around and let the play continue for 2-3 seconds until either a true advantage was acheived, or three is no advantage. A red card should have already been pulled out of the pocked so that everyone can see what the reaction of the referee is. Once the play is over, ie shot on goal, or no advantage is seen, the play is blown dead and the red card is given to the defender that pulled the person down. It gets goofy with the thought that you can't really let the play go on for more than 2-3 seconds without the reality setting in that after that much time has elapsed, you can't blow the whistle if you wait too long. You have that 2-3 seconds of opportunity to determine if an advantage situation exists. After that time has gone by, you have to let the play go until there is a stoppage in play for the card to be given.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Brace
Brace
I watched several matches at the Carolina Soccer Classic and was very impressed with the officiating overall. Friday night was somewhat suspect, but Saturday and Sunday I witnessed very good officiating with guys (and one blonde female official) that really understood the game and awarded "advantage" as it is intended as well as "retaliation" type fouls. Good stuff for the Lowcountry officials!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
S
coach
coach
S
The Hammer: I notice that you posted the color of the female official's hair but not the male official's hair. You seem to be treading dangerously close to some type of message board-based sexual harassment here!

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
wow. I saw the Fort Dorchester vs Stratford game tonight. And all i can say is that the Ref's really need to learn what offsides is. Most of the Game was done pretty well, but as far as offsides goes...there was many many many bad calls for both sides. study up boys...

C
kick off
kick off
C
Regarding the upstate, there are not enough referees in the upstate. The number has dropped again. But, as a coach and a referee, I have found that you have your good referees who feel that they are there for the players. Then you have your "god" referees who feel that the players are there for them. Also, as mentioned, the SCHSL feels that referees do "NO" wrong. We must have a program in place to rate and either retrain or get rid of the bad referees. One other item, if you think that $35.00/game is a good amount, try refereeing yourself and take the abuse. See if it's worth the aggreviation. Until you've been there, don't complain. Put some effort into making it better for the teams. One last thing, I know that we referees will have our good days and our bad...look at the overall performance of a referee before you berate them. Yes, we do have our bad refs but we also have some good and some great refs as well.

J
Brace
Brace
J
Just for a heads up. In Illinois, when you do a JV and Varsity game, the least amount you make is $80. This is dictated by the IHSA. They do things a little differently though up here. Instead of regions, we have conferences. Of course there are a ton more high schools up here than compared to SC. The better conferences will pay more than the $80 for a JV/V game block. If you do the center to a 3 man system, you make at least $53. Maybe if SC started to pay a little more, you may be able to retain the better referees.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard