Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
hat-trick
hat-trick
From what I can tell, Bridge should get the 2nd seed based on Premier League play.

The Challenge League rules say the following:

"a. Seeding for the SCSCL playoff will be based on each team’s league standings (Region III Premier League or SCSCL)
for game results completed when the SCYSA calendar date indicates that Challenge league play ends. The teams (two
maximum) playing in the Region III Premier League will be seeded one (1) or two (2) based on their winning percentage
against common opponents in the Region III Premier League and the first six (6) teams from the SCSCL will be seeded
three (3) through eight (8)."

A document on the SCYSA Website entitled "Challenge/Premier League Outline" states the following:

"If you are a SCYSA State Challenge Cup Winner or 2nd Place Winner, then you will be asked to play in the Region III
Premier League. If 1st or 2nd place decline the opportunity, then 3rd place will be asked. These teams must be comprised of the number of players listed in the chart below from the prior years 1st or 2nd place team. These two teams will be seeded 1st and 2nd in SCYSA State Challenge Cup based of their league record."

I can find no mention of the 2nd Premier team being seeded by Challenge League results rather than by Premier League participation.

S
bench
bench
S
Soccer16 it would appear that Mt Pleasant needs alot more than just a victory over Bridge to step over them in the standings. As it stands right now, Bridge has 29 points with 3 games to play and Mt Pleasant has 19 points with 3 games to play. To overtake Bridge, Mt Pleasant would need to win all of their remaining games to earn 12 points thus giving them 31 total, then Bridge would have to lose at least 2 of their games with no better than a tie in the other giving them 30 points(with the tie). If Bridge wins one game or ties 2 games, they eliminate Mt Pleasant from any 2nd place scenario.

goal
goal
Coach P and Soccer16, sorry, but you are both getting your Bridge teams mixed up.

Soccer16, why do you say "MPSC may get the short end of the stick if the seeding issue is not based on head to head competition?" How would head to head competition help Mt. Pleasant in seeding?

Coach P, while what you have quoted seems fairly straightforward, I can tell you that SCYSA made it very clear that the Bridge team would be earning their seeding in the Challenge playoffs based on their Challenge League record.

S
goal
goal
S
Hey, I think seeding should be based on the head to head competition. I guess I missed where SCYSA made it clear that Bridge would need to earn their seeding.

Now if seeding were based on the league (premier) rather than head to head and MPSC wins out and Bridge loses all their remaing games (unlikely) MPSC would get the short stick as Bridge would get the 2nd seed because they play premier.

Say it ain't so! Belligerent just did! Good luck to all!

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
In normal circumstances, the two teams playing Premier would enter State Cup as one and two based on their Premier winning percentage as stated in another post. However, since Bridge is playing the Premier and Challenge leagues I have to assume the Challenge record will influence the seeding as Belligerent says they were told it would.

I'm going to go against my respected friend on my side of the CUFC isle and pull for Bridge to beat MPSC instead of the other way around. Bridge is a better team and should be seeded higher going into State.

If CUFC '92 Elite enters State Cup as a third seed then we get an earlier shot at CESA Premier. Not a big deal. The boys are taking the games one at a time and look forward to proving they have the ability to win at a higher level.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
Soccer16, I think you and I must be on different channels. I am NOT saying that the Bridge team's Premier record will affect their seeding in the playoffs. Their Premier record (as I understand it) will have NOTHING to do with how they are seeded in the playoffs.

Also, your definition of head to head and mine must be a little different. In my mind, when someone says HtoH, they are talking about two teams' records against each other, e.g., HtoH, Bridge is one-up on Mt. Pleasant at the moment. After Tuesday's game, either Bridge will be 2-0 head to head with Mt. Pleasant, or the two teams will be even. Typically, you use the term head to head when in a tie-breaking situation.

I don't think you really missed anything about SCYSA's stance on how the Bridge team will be seeded - it might not even be written down anywhere - but, it was made clear to certain people.

Now, did I make that clear as mud?

hat-trick
hat-trick
Manchester:
Quote:

If CUFC '92 Elite enters State Cup as a third seed then we get an earlier shot at CESA Premier. Not a big deal.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think there is a difference between the 2nd and 3rd seed as far as when they will face the #1 seed. If seeds 2 and 3 win their first round matches, they will face each other in the semi-finals. Neither #2 or #3 would face the #1 team until the finals.

Last edited by Coach P; 04/27/07 01:02 PM.
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P and Soccer16, sorry, but you are both getting your Bridge teams mixed up.

Not sure what this means. I was referring to Bridge FA 92 Gold boys.

S
goal
goal
S
I think it is almost cement now! It will all clear up by the time games are played. I see your point on head to head and will consider that in the future.

Manchester, How dare you go against me! I too believe that Bridge is the better team but with all this supposition I may have gotten confused. I am just going to shut up and take pictures!

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Coach P, while what you have quoted seems fairly straightforward, I can tell you that SCYSA made it very clear that the Bridge team would be earning their seeding in the Challenge playoffs based on their Challenge League record.

I understand what you are saying. I had just understood that rule applied to a third SC team playing Premier like the U16 DSC team this past fall. Not a second Premier team who was invited to play Premier because the 1st or 2nd team declined to play.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard