Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Like I said before I am looking forward to Bridge and CUFC playing in the finals of state cup. CESA is overrated in this age group, and arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup. Columbia United proved this weekend that CESA 93 Premier is out classed in this division.

I still predict the following seeding for the final 4:
1. CESA 92 Premier
2. Bridge FA 92 Gold
3. CESA 93 Premier
4. Columbia United Elite

If this prediction becomes reality, Bridge FA 92 Gold will also have their chance to prove, in the semifinals, how much CESA 93 Premier is "outclassed" and "overrated".

I have coached against both teams in the last year and predict CESA 93 Premier will win this semifinal battle if it happens.

But, in any event, if these four teams make the semifinals, as they should, it should be a great weekend of soccer.

S
coach
coach
S
>> ...arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup<<

Wow. I might have termed it "ambitious", but "arrogant"? If the girls are competitive in this group (and they appear to be), why would it be arrogant for them to step up and compete in it?

corner kick
corner kick
"CESA is overrated in this age group, and arrogant to think that a u13 team could compete for state cup"

WOW. This is a bold statement. The Little girls have one losing game. 1-2...... And from what I understand, from somebody that was there that CUFC played kick ball the whole time. I know "a win is a win", but I would not say the u13 girls are overrated after losing their first game. They have not even had a tie up to this point.

Is the CESA u13 over-rated??
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/17/07 03:12 AM
Last edited by Hobo; 03/17/07 03:16 AM.

That there is an RV Clark......
Hobo #77967 03/17/07 11:44 AM
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I said that they are not overrated. To be over-rated don't they have to be rated or ranked? In the standings they are in second place. In the fall they finished first. Did they go undefeated in the fall? If so they were ranked first and therefore not over-rated or under-rated. Have they beaten each of the teams below them and lost to each of the teams above them in the spring? If so they are not over-rated or under-rated in the spring either.

Why are we calling a group of 12 year old girls who finish first or second in their league arrogant and over-rated anyway? Did I miss something? Is there a reason to insult a team of 12 year old girls?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Why are we calling a group of 12 year old girls who finish first or second in their league arrogant and over-rated anyway? Did I miss something? Is there a reason to insult a team of 12 year old girls?

Because people sometimes over-invest themselves in their kid's soccer and it makes them feel better about their own kid and their own kid's team or club when they can say something bad about someone else's kid and someone else's kid's team or club.

G
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
G
The arrogance is the coach and the club, not the girls on the team. That team would have been much better off playing U13 challenge and most probably finishing 1st or 2nd therefore qualifying for premier next year. As it stands for CESA 93 Premier to be successful, ie. qualify for premier, they will not only have to beat their own 92 Premier team (wich they have done in the past) and Columbia United (which they have split with so far this year) but also Bridge 92 Gold (I don't believe they have played this year). That is a pretty tall order for a group of young girls.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
It could be that the coach is arrogant. Or it could be that the coach wants the best possible competition for his/her team in order to make the team better. It could also be that the coach realizes there are other ways into the region 3 premier league than just being in the state cup finals.

For instance there are 4 NC teams in premier league this year. Surely all of them did not make last year's finals. There are also 3 FL teams I believe. If a team wanted to play in the 93 premier league next spring perhaps they could put together an impressive resume in an older age group and vie for some sort of at-large bid like some of the NC teams and FL teams.

Perhaps you could win Disney and finish as a semifinalist or possibly even a finalist in an older age group in your home state and make a good case for region 3 in your own age group. Meanwhile the team would improve through better competition than it would get in it's own age group.

Nevermind. It's probably easier to call someone arrogant and out-classed than to consider all of the above.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If the CESA 93 team places first or second at state in the U14 age group..are they required to play U14 Premier? Would they have to play up in Premier is what I am asking

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Nobody has to play in the premier league. The two finalists in state cup are given the option of playing. I believe the 93s could decline an invitation to the 92 premier league while lobbying for a spot in the 93 league. I do not know that for a fact though.

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D
My child plays in the U13 challenge league for a club other than CESA. I don't see that these CESA '93 Premier girls are arrogant, nor do I think they should be playing down in their age group. If they did play in their own age group they wouldn't be as challenged as much as they are now. If it's arrogant for their coach to want them to play against the best teams and the best competition then so be it. But what benefit would it be for them to play in a league that they are going to dominate and not have the competition they are capable of playing against. Those girls have trained hard and earned their spot in the U14 challenge group. Give them the kudos they deserve.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard