Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#78726 03/09/07 03:41 AM
who_me? Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Will SV be at full strength for this game or will their troubles continue? At the last Lex game 2 starters were missing. For the Irmo game they were down 4 or 5 starters. Will they be at full strength on Friday?

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
goal kick
goal kick
Lex was also down two starters during that first game too, both of whom are now back. Against DF lex was without 2 different starters those two have also returned. I know you where asking about SV but I just thought I would mention it. Either way it is going to be a good game with SV looking get a little revenge on Lex after the game down in Charleston.

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
T
TJ Offline
bench
bench
T
Why does SV have kids missing? Is it still off the field problems? If so - I would question the whole understanding of "full strength." Having enough character to play the game is just as important as having enough skill to play the game. If they are not disciplined enough and don't love the game enough to keep soccer qualified - then this is a team that is only capable of playing at maybe 75% level. So - lower the expectation to a 75% level team as you would a team will only 75% skill level. There is no such thing as a "full strength" SV team because some ( by no means all - there are some great kids on that team ) of the kids don't have the off field discipline to play at full strength on the field.

goal kick
goal kick
intresting perspective on that!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

Why does SV have kids missing? Is it still off the field problems? If so - I would question the whole understanding of "full strength." Having enough character to play the game is just as important as having enough skill to play the game. If they are not disciplined enough and don't love the game enough to keep soccer qualified - then this is a team that is only capable of playing at maybe 75% level. So - lower the expectation to a 75% level team as you would a team will only 75% skill level. There is no such thing as a "full strength" SV team because some ( by no means all - there are some great kids on that team ) of the kids don't have the off field discipline to play at full strength on the field.

From my days coaching HS football I truly believe that a kid that will let you down OFF the field, will also let you down ON the field,usually at a crucial time.This lesson was a painful one learned through experience.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Another interesting thing about this is that the same young men who are finding themselves in suspensions and troubles with Spring Valley, are some of the same young men who found themselves in trouble with their club teams. There might just be a bit of a problem there and it has yet to be, nor do I see it being, fixed anytime soon. Spring Valley overall has a great team with great potential and many talented and good-hearted players that are being negated by other player's behavior.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Also, it seems to me and most everyone else who knows these kids/teams the play on, that they (Spring Valley/CUFC) play more as a team and get better results w/o them on the field.

kick off
kick off
Predictions? I'm thinking the game will go similar to the last time these two teams met with a Lexington win, but the score a little closer at 3-1.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
coladad9....unfortunately you are correct.

who_me? Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Game ended in a 1-1 tie, Lexington scored on aa well developed attack with 90 seconds left, then had a meltdown and let SV score the tie with about 10 seconds left.

Lexington 5-4 winner on PKs.

I felt SV played much better tonight than they did when they last met Lex in Mt. Pleasant, but I would still have to give the edge in play to Lexington. They had several nice buildups,

I didn't do it, but if I had you never would have known.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard