Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
SC SOCCER10 #79527 03/23/07 01:43 AM
goal kick
goal kick
well if you think about it..most people don't understand the game enough to enjoy watching. basketball and football are both high scoring games..most of the time. people want to see teams score points. when you start to understand the game of soccer, you appreciate a good through ball to the corner, or a nice overlap by the a midfielder. the people that don't know about these tactics in the game can't feel that good play. it's like they are numb because they just watch and cant feel the emotions that we soccer lovers feel. i guess soccer in general is not given the respect and creedence it deserves, being one of the older sports around.

while i touched on that subject, i would also like to make an observation. if you take a second look at all of the shouting fans from the bleachers in a game, many of them are the people that know absolutely nothing about the game. sometimes it's just funny and you can shrug it off. but when fans make threats to the ref. and the opposing team, it really shows the lack of class and sportsmanship in the program. i saw some comments about language in the game. that has always gone on, however, i can see where the lack of sportsmanship is coming from the parents in the stands, and breeding onto the field. but i guess you can't worry about the fans right? the game is on the field. that's just something i've noticed over time.

oh, so now he's a philosophiser?
hesdoneit #79528 03/23/07 07:16 PM
corner kick
corner kick
In addition to the Wando's loyal fans they also get excellent news coverage from local T.V. stations and the CP@C. It would be nice to see that same enthusiasm and support across the entire state for our other schools.

SC SOCCER10 #79529 03/23/07 08:30 PM
T
bench
bench
T
I hear yall talking about Wondo's great fans, which that is great to hear how they come out and support there team. However dont go prasing them as the best fans in the state. For the past four years, Northwestern has had over 2,500+ coming to there playoff games. And before there region went to crap there regualr season games were packed. Also i would throw Spring Valley's fans into the mix. Every game i have attended there, thier crowd was very vocal.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard