Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#8307 01/28/03 06:48 PM
goal
goal
"Fooly", WOW I really just found out how ignorant you really are, so let me one last time waste get a good laugh, while I blast you.
First off, you were correct and this might be the only time, you have in fact "****ed" me off. I just want you to know that if indeed you do come to my country, just once let me hear you critisise it. Becuase if you do I will go through you like **** through a goose!! I will make you wish you were back at "The Lake Isle of Innisfree". I take pride in my great country, unlike a bunch of dirty irish. WE defeated the British, what did you do?
Second, for such a "great" cultural literary backgroud, you sure did miss the sarcasm and the synonyms. Let me explain, potato starved refers to the commonly know potato famine or Irish famine(as you know) and starved is the same as(synonym) famished. Heres a little fact for you, at the same time the U.S. suffured through the same blight, yet we suvived(we are stronger).
Third, that brings me to your playwright/ poet comment. I assure you I know all about Swift, Joyce, Yeats, the "Book of Kells", and yes even Bram Stoker. Appreciate the great literature fellows but WOW fellows talk about sissies!!! By the way not all Americans are fat and lazy as the rest of the world seems to think, but our freedom allows those slobs to do that and I will forever defend it. I do not eat at McD's or BK, even though they are AMERICAN born. Don't even try to bring down our culture, becuase it is just a giant mix of the rest of the world's with freedom and opportunity intermixed.
As for education, great job on getting a BA, but keep working and get back to me. Ivy League? you wish you could be so prestiges as to be able to go to one of thoughs schools.
Next, don't even question freedom. WE fought for ours we know what it is. WE fough for Britain, France, Itailans, North Africans, just to name a few. You **** Europeans better well keep that in mind. Iraq, we have no plans to give them our American freedoms. When we are done with S.H., they can do whatever their culture relegates, as long as we can stop terrorism. If we want to land planes on you rock we will fell free to do so, becuase you will be compensated for it, to bad it won't be in potatoes.(By the way you can thank the Spanish for the potato)
I sure I dont need to go on, just know anytime, anyplace, anything. By the way, you left the topic to argue with high schoolers about "cricket", "gay-Lic football", and "hurling" and "cheerleader" which might just be the one thing we agree on at this point, so take your own advice. You mess with the bull you get the horns.

Si vis pacem, para bellum. Caveant consules.

#8308 01/28/03 07:13 PM
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Shearer
I was just wondering where did you get the information the post above??

From SIS??

Count Zero
I Shall Return

#8309 01/28/03 07:17 PM
goal
goal
One more thing, Please excuse the typos and gramatical errors.

P.S. -Training officially starterd yesterday Foley. I hope you are here to get busy, becuase we don't care what kind of magical football skills you think you have, you will need every bit of prep time you can get to prepare for the likes your opponents.(Make sure you beat somebody before you get on here and mouth off about greatness)

#8310 01/28/03 07:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count Zero

I got my information from right here at scsoccer.com in the archives. Also the massey rankings are there as well. Truth hurts sometimes!!!!

To ah2k3/C3PO

You do not understand!!!! Foley will win simply because he is IRISH!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!! "

#8311 01/28/03 09:33 PM
goal
goal
Ok AH2K3, I can tell that you're not going to roll over in the face of my intellect like all the others, so I will hit you with some more hard home truthes before I get there and move this quarrel from its verbal to a more...shall we say tangible form?!

Anyway, yes, you defeated the French, well, the British did it for you, then they asked you to pay for their soldiers (taxes) and you went to war with them, you beat them...the first counrty in the world to defeat the British Navy. Well done. HOWEVER, you have Commodore John Barry to thank for that, he currently resides six feet under in Pennsylvania, however he, like me, was born in Wexford, IRELAND as was JFK's family. There's a big statue of him (JB) on our Quay front. In case you haven't noticed we too defeated the British although being neighbours of theirs made it a little more difficult. You suffered a potato blight and survived, ok, at that time there were VERY different conditions for the average man here than there. Here they were tenant farmers - there they owned their own land, the common Irish man at that time was on a par with with a slave there.

Education - yes I'm still working. Don't offend my degree by saying I would be chuffed to get one from an Ivy League school, our standard of education is FAR superior than that of the States and its free for anyone who gets a good enough Leaving Certificate.

You fought for Europe in WW1/WW2, you only got involved in WW1 cos your merchant ships kept getting sunk by German U-boats and in WW2 cos you were attacked by the Japs. As for Saddam Huessain, well, I genuinely fear for us all with that one, you guys can't resist in poking that hornets nest - I really do hope that it doesn't get out of control. Those towel heads are crazy enough as it is without some westerners (USA, Britain et al (incl. Ireland)) getting involved too.

My football skills are proven, right up to the highest level here although I never did grace the international stage [Razz] or play for my school. HOWEVER, my coaching credentials are not so dazzling - 1 year coaching youths last year.

You never did say anything about getting a little game going? I'll throw it right open to you - "anyplace, anytime" - I'm serious, I get there March 20th so anytime after that. Oh, I'll be expecting the red carpet and champagne reception, although I'm sure you've already started making arrangements!!!

Sine le meas

Af

PS - Shearer, good boy for changing your location!

#8312 01/28/03 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fooley, I'd first like to welcome you to the great country that your are about inhabit. As much as you TRY to play that off, I'm just as sure you are excited as any other FOREIGNER is to become an American.
Putting all that beside, I would like to say this is my sons name so be sure to keep you remarks at a descent level, he has been telling me of the funny stuff he reads on here while we sit at the dinner table enjoying a nce potatoe here and there; unitl today when he asked me to look at some comments you made. Specifically commments about Vietnam. Well listen my friend... for once... being a pilot during Vietnam, I can tell you your comments were not needed. If you saw only HALF of what I ****ing saw you would never dare comment about it. You wanna talk about tough, well when you talk about those men who fought that war and came back and have TRIED to move on... they are tough... not a skirt wearing hurler, or 300 pound grunt on a football field. Let me enlighten you and the other nice folks that read tis stuff about Vietnam on a personal level. My bestfriend.... shot in the leg... have you ever felt a bullet inside you? You seem to be a genious aith your BA so inform us when you respond. But thats the weak stuff. I flew a helicopter sometimes, when there was no one to bomb... like the movie We WERE SOLDIERS. Basically that is what I did. I would fly into zones and pick up the injured or dead, go back then return for more. I have seen BOYS the same age as the ones you are on here arguing, that were burnt like a piece of steak form head to toe. Others with limbs missing, some with everything form the inside hanging out. Mind you these boys were still alive, fighting for their life. Is that tough enough for you? The images engraved into my head for the rest of my life or undescirbable... and you Foley seem to be just another ***hole that this country is letting in.. but you can only come here for men like myslef,and others who fought for AMERICA and YOU.. (the ones who flee over here).
Soccer wise... I coached a group of boys from their younger years into U16 National Champions not too long ago. (Jackson Raiders of New Jersey) 4 of those noys now go to Saint Benedicts.. the #1 high school in the nation.. they travel to Europe and might I add... handle your teams very well. But hey, the team includes an Irish boy fomr Dublin, and others throughout the world... but most are Americans... most starters. Am I an all knowing soccer god... NO.. am I European... thus making me a god in every aspect like you Foley.. NO.... but let me tell you one thing.... I would take my life... with the **** that I have been through over your BA achieving whatever you want to call it life.
Im not on here to bash you Foley, nor critize your country, who was more than welcoming when I landed my plane there to refuel for my final push back to the States during war time. A great country you are leaving behind. A country with as many problems as America, with as many defeats as America, but a country that pushed through those defeats for a better living... like AMERICA.
I wish you all the best with your new team, and hope you create a powerhouse team to challenge the others already here.

SORRY FOR THE NOVEL.....

FORZA MILAN

#8313 01/28/03 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And before you want to think about going into a battle of intelligents... I may be your best challenge thus far, I am a doctor, with Degrees from NYU and Duke University, in my spare time I enjoyed collecting a BA like yourself to sit along side my MDS. But I doubt you will, because I feel you will start to realize how rediculous all of this has become...

#8314 01/28/03 10:12 PM
goal
goal
OK, I genuinely felt bad there for a moment, however then I thought of the 100,000's if not millions that died here during or as a consequence of the famine (the ORIGINAL COMMENT that provoked the Nam remark) - were these people military personnel? Did they have guns? Were they "Commies"? Did they drop bombs? Nope. Their crime was being poor. They got to starve to death, disease, malnutrition - the ones that fled to America, a lot of them died on the "coffin ships" before they ever got there, the others built your railways and your buildings - your infrastructure.

You asked me to keep my remarks decent - but you go into graphic detail about your experiences in Vietnam?! Go figure that one out.

Your bestfriend was shot in the leg and you ask me if I've ever had a bullet in me? Well, my answer is no - same as your answer so whats your point? I know people who have been shot, and taken a bullet for a more just cause than what you were fighting. Your lovely detailed accounts of what you've seen - yeah I've seen a lot of that stuff, I had the dubious fortune to work in a hospital for three years.

One last thing, you must have been one great pilot to fly bombing missions and rescure missions in helicopters and then to fly an aeroplane back to the states. You sure you weren't an engineer or something and just threw a few stories in together?

Ever heard of therapy? I missed a penalty in training last night (believe it or not), but hey, these things happen, let it go....ITS OVER MAN!!

Sine le meas (yours with respect)

Af

PS - to this guys son, I'll bet your bedtime stories have always been fun.

Good luck in the upcoming season if you play by the way!

#8315 01/28/03 10:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dude foley........1st off if u dont like the USA then please dont grant us with your presence.........2nd shut the crap up about the USA vs. Ireland thing u have going on here.......this is a soccer message board 4 South Carolina High School Soccer......no1 wants 2 hear your freakin crap about how u couldnt make it in Ireland so u had 2 retreat 2 the US......spare us man..........peace

#8316 01/29/03 12:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fooley, thank you for your wondeful comments about grammer and such subjects but your comments are a joke and your only intent is to be on here and ring someones bell which you have obviously done....i want to give you a round of applause of really "proving" nothing in your defense and really showing the rest of the state how screwed this high school is to be getting you...i pray for the school that has to deal with you....you nor your country will ever touch us but go ahead stay on here and talk your talk and guess wht it will get you nowhere...
p.s. you must be a wonderful link to something i have yet to find??
but go head and make something up, some good comment and i mean jeez what havent you said...we are waiting for your idiotic points concerning our wars..... i look forward to reading your next novel.....i feel sorry for sc for your comments

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard